jobseekers allowence problem

Options
I do not know if this has come up on here before but the end of February i went into the jobcentre to sign but was given a form to fill in to prove what i was doing to find work. So i put down that i looked in my local paper and on-line to find work . so a few days later i received a letter telling me that i am not looking for work and that my jsa has been disallowed leaving me with no money has this happened to anybody else

Comments

• LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Go into the Jobcentre with your file of papers where you have found jobs to apply for together with your copies of your applications and any responses.

Print out the spreadsheet where you are keeping a note of the progress of your applications.

Provide them with the evidence.
  • bigspender1971
    Options
    you need to be using 3 different methods of search each week eg Jobcentre Plus website,Local papers and maybe another job search engine. Hope this helps
  • craig_mason
    Options
    this is what i am doing
    using worktrain
    using jobcentre plus
    local papers
    advert in local paper under work wanted
  • bigspender1971
    Options
    you need to write 3 things for every week. If you are doing this then I have no idea why they have stopped your money. You need to go in and find out though as the longer you leave it, the longer it could take to sort. Good luck. It may be that they have put you on the wrong benefit? Were you getting JSA income based or contribution based?
  • baza2000
    Options
    go see a solicitor or appeal and find out why they can leave you destitute and quote the human rights act, article 3: prohibition of torture, this says that people should not be treated in a way that is degrading or inhuman.., also says, that the government should not withhold state support from asylum seekers because doing this would leave them destitute (with nothing to live on) so why can they do this to you....? go to your local council for a copy of the human rights act............. without predudised
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure