the road is long....

finally after having my lbm and contacting cccs i am starting a dmp, this is all my own fault (with help from dh and kids) but i want to gain control again and this is the way forward.

yesterday i cut up all cc and felt great....reality today feels scarey as my car needs work (local lad doing it on cheap) but dont think i have enough to pay:( dd says she'll pay until dh gets pad on fri....bless her:A. i have started sealed savings tin for christmas but dont want to open that.

have planned all meals for week so organised! i am back at work tomorrow and all lunches are made.

good luck all have a fab week!

M xx

Comments

• Hi maccymum, well done for starting your diary, I know how you feel about the car, mine broke down today and I have a mechanic friend coming to look at it. I hope you get yours back on the road really quickly. Keep updating, im going to subscribe now. RK2012 x
    LBM 6/8/2012:T. Debts to clear: :eek: CCs x 5, OD x 3, Loans x 2, Mob phones x 2, Home shopping x 2 = Total £ to follow. Debts cleared 2012: Amigo/FLM, Sister. Total cost £2783.35. Xmas 2012 savings wanted: £970/£130 saved so far. Debts cleared 2011: Home shopping x 3, DCA x 1. Total cost £ to follow. Official DFW #1435.
  • maccymum
    maccymum Posts: 66 Forumite
    thanks rk2012

car wasnt as much as we though £70 bad enough!!!

well i am back to work with everyone talking about the great times they have had abroad (i am sooooo jealous but my own fault)

i am still awaiting to hear back from cccs about when my dmp will start, but i am positive its the right step for us!

got a letter from credit card today "blah blah we are happy to increase your credit limit" mustve crossed in post!

well onwards and upwards!!

M :) x
  • Giggles86
    Giggles86 Posts: 526 Forumite
    Good luck Maccymum. Great that the car didn't cost as much as you thought it would :) Am off to subscribe :) Giggles x
    *2014 £365/365days - £52/£365* *20p Savers club #17 £12.00/£50*
    March 2014 NSD 0/15 take lunch to work march 0/21
    sealed Pot Challenge #260
    NMB books: 6/94+ NMB DVDs: 13/67
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away."
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    just to wish you good luck, sounds like just behind you with the CCCS - finally did the debt rememdy to the T, and says DMP so am waiting for all the offical info. Just grabbing all info, got new bank account, cut up cards, and braved 1 creditor, and once said CCCS, no problem just ring when you have the number,

Good luck xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • maccymum
    mum2one wrote: »
    just to wish you good luck, sounds like just behind you with the CCCS - finally did the debt rememdy to the T, and says DMP so am waiting for all the offical info. Just grabbing all info, got new bank account, cut up cards, and braved 1 creditor, and once said CCCS, no problem just ring when you have the number,

Good luck xx

its a daunting thought isnt it....but we'll get there :) i am awaiting cccs getting back to me now they have my stuff!
    gd luck with yours xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Happy shiney new diary to go with your DMP.
    Keep posting!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hiya,
    Looking forward to reading how you are doing as I'm on the dmp road too from October so will be learning from you! Good luck!
    bb x
  • maccymum
    Bleachbird wrote: »
    Hiya,
    Looking forward to reading how you are doing as I'm on the dmp road too from October so will be learning from you! Good luck!
    bb x

we are embarking on the journey at the same time....mine is strting oct 1st!
    good luck with yours too:j

xx
  • maccymum
    had a very low day today :(
    dh was out walking with his friends, i was home with teens, dd wanted to go out and asked me to go but i had to say no as i have no £..... it felt rotten to say no but i know all £ is tight due to starting the dmp!
    think reality is hitting in .....and i know its all MY fault for liing outwith my means for such a long time!
    its just week 1 for me and so far....car needed fixed (dd borrowed me £ i paid half back this week and will pay other half when i get paid), hoover is playing up and refused a nite away with friends because we cant afford it!

sorry for whinging, i will get used to this new way of living! just needed to let off steam

have a good week all

x
  • Hi Maccymum,
    Sorry to hear you have had a rubbish day yesterday. You have had such an expensive time by the sounds of it which isnt a normal months spend so things will look up again soon I'm sure.
    Just trying to figure out what to do today with the rain pouring and no money with 2 kids!! A walk along the beach I think with hoods up- what a lovely August bank holiday!
    Take care,
    bb x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family