PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

SC Pork Joint - Not nice smell?

Options
Hello helpful OSers.

This mornign I decided to be brave enough to use my slow cooker, and stuck in a 800g joint of pork. My son has come home from school, and asked what the weird smell is. I told him its pork for tea. Oh, I thought the baby had poo'd, he said. (I dont think it smells that bad).

Have stuck some sage in with it now, but looking for any other ideas. Will need to wait til DH gets home at 6.30 before I decide whether they are eating it or not.

TIA
Threadhead

Comments

• jackie_w
    jackie_w Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I use my slow cooker quite alot, and I have to say ive never had a nice smell from it. Ive always found the smell to be horrible. Dont know if its just my cooking, or, if it is the slow cooker itself, however, eveything ive made in the slow cooker, has always tasted nice.

Jackie
  • Threadhead
    Threadhead Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks - thats reassuring. i dont eat pork myself - so it was never going to smell appealing to me, but I didnt think it smelt like poo......
    Threadhead
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to agree that the SC doesn't give off a very appealing smell sometimes. A bit to 'school-dennersy' for my taste. I hate Pork anyway so would probably prefer the poo:eek: Guage DH's reaction when he walks in and takes a lungfull and act accordingly.
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • fizzel81
    fizzel81 Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    personally i would follow my nose so to speak, if it doesnt smell nice dont eat it

im one of these that if i dont like the smell i just cannot bring myself to eat it (wish i hated the smell of chocolate)
    DFW nerd club number 039 :p 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :money: i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb £6,247.98/£6282.80 :T
    sealed pot 2670g
    2009 target £4k + cb £643.89:eek: /£6412.80
  • Threadhead
    Options
    MATH wrote: »
    Guage DH's reaction when he walks in and takes a lungfull and act accordingly.

Might be hard pushed to smell the poo/pork now, since I forgot to put water in the carrots, and burnt the pot.....

Another success in the Thready household - yaaaay!!
    Threadhead
  • Threadhead
    Options
    Everyone (except me, as I dont like pork) ate it and enjoyed it. DD1 even asked for seconds, usually unheard of. Havent mentioned poo-gate to dh yet.

Thanks for your support guys. I'll be more confident next time. :)
    Threadhead
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family