West Yorkshire

Options
Hi,

It looks like I will be moving to Keighley, West Yorkshire for work so I am looking for some advice on the area.

Keighley itself doesnt seem to be well connected with motorways, etc, from looking at google maps so I will need somewhere within driving distance. Or Keighley if it is a nice area.

Any advice on the areas around Keighley, areas to avoid would be a great help. The closest large cities are Bradford and Leeds. I wouldnt mind Leeds but the drive might be a bit much.

Nice.

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,570 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Keighley isn't far from the M65 which then links to M6.

Commuting from close to central Leeds to Keighley by car is a nightmare. Anything from 1 to 2 hours. Guiseley, Rawdon, Menston, Burley in Wharfedale, aren't too bad as you can drive over the moor roads, but no fun in winter.

Aire Valley - Shipley, Saltaire, Baildon, Bingley, Eldwick, Micklethwaite are all worth a look.

Skipton is also pleasant and you aren't far from the Dales, but this isn't much good if you need to be close to motorways.
  • bigbadsad
    bigbadsad Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    The motorway will be handy for quick trips back to Liverpool of a weekend :P

Do you know anything of Keighley itself? I wont be able to go down and have a look myself for some time. The best I will be able to manage is Google Maps, and from there it looks quite nice.
  • jimbo83
    jimbo83 Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Keighley is a hole, I would avoid it if possible. Having lived in Leeds for quite a few years I have been through it and played sport there.

Where exactly will you be working?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport