Mull in February!

skateykatey
skateykatey Posts: 226 Forumite
edited 14 August 2012 at 8:23PM in Scotland
Hello

I'm getting married in Jan 2013:j and, for our honeymoon we're looking at going to Mull. It'll be the last week in Jan/first week in Feb.

We've checked that the ferry is running and the accomm is free so that's all ok.

Does anyone on here have any experience of the area out of season????

Looking for solitute (which I'm guessing won't be a huge problem); love walking and not bothered by rain/snow/sleet etc.

Just don't want to turn up and find that everything is closed until the tourist season starts up again.

I should add that we have no children so, other than a visit, we're not going to be spending our days in Tobermory/Balamory.

Comments

• barbarawright
    barbarawright Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Do you have a car? A lot of the island isn't accessible by public transport though you can get to Castle Moy on a ferry from Oban (not the same ferry as the one to Mull). Iona is very nice for a day trip
  • colino
    colino Posts: 5,059 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mull is a very beautiful and relatively accessible "get away from it all" place but weather isn't going to be your friend in February.
    I hope things have changed, but for about three years I had to regularly visit Mull and never found a hotel with decent food on the island.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Dark, Wet, and very windy. I really suggest you make Oban your centre, as you cn visit Mull easily - and if the weather isn't your friend you will not be inconvenienced too greatly.
  • msfoxymax
    msfoxymax Posts: 276 Forumite
    pop over to kilchoan on the ferry to be amazed at the nothingness there :). its lovely and serene even if the weather is crap as long as your dressed for it then who cares. Defo one of the nicest places in the world. Od and remember to stock up on food/fuel before you go as it is very expensive :beer:
    I love my New Year's day baby girl Olivia xx:happyhearxx
  • colino
    colino Posts: 5,059 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Good point about clothing, because it will, at best, be raining.
    (Though remember there's no such thing as "bad" weather, just wrong clothes).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure