Forum Home» Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News

'Parking ticket appeal upheld WITHOUT a fight' blog discussion

New Post Advanced Search

'Parking ticket appeal upheld WITHOUT a fight' blog discussion

8 replies 3.8K views
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.

Replies

• "the details I gave didn’t have any way to notify what my work is"

Isn't your name enough?! ;)!
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky it wasnt a Policeman/TW or TPCSO, its also 3 points with them. Martin cant afford a car/Taxi?
  • Praise where praise is due - Bristol City Council also cancelled a ticket with no fuss after they suspended parking our whole road, forcing everyone to take whatever space they could get.

Shame the same common sense doesn't apply to Avon and Somerset Constabulary...
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon Martin, your name alone is well enough known to get you special treatment. They bottled it rather than being exposed on TV.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • poppy10_2poppy10_2 Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heinz wrote: »
    C'mon Martin, your name alone is well enough known to get you special treatment. They bottled it rather than being exposed on TV.
    I'm sure there are zillions of Martin Lewises in London, how would they know this one was the MSE guy?
    poppy10
  • edited 19 August 2012 at 4:30PM
    Stephen_LeakStephen_Leak
    8.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 August 2012 at 4:30PM
    poppy10 wrote: »
    I'm sure there are zillions of Martin Lewises in London, how would they know this one was the MSE guy?

Could this be a potential defence against the forthcoming "registered keeper liability" in Section 56 of the misnamed Protection of Freedoms Act? Name the driver as Martin Lewis? :)
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Eunos1Eunos1 Forumite
    16 posts
    Hi,

I recently posted regarding a PCN I received from Parkinyeye, I have been going through the appeals procedure taking the advice from this site and today I received a letter from Northampton County Court noe=w charging me £160!!! What do I do??? I really wished I just paid it!!!
  • edited 14 May 2013 at 12:18PM
    pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 May 2013 at 12:18PM
    Eunos1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently posted regarding a PCN I received from Parkinyeye, I have been going through the appeals procedure taking the advice from this site and today I received a letter from Northampton County Court noe=w charging me £160!!! What do I do??? I really wished I just paid it!!!

This thread is for discussing a blog article, not help with tickets/PPC threats.

There is no "appeals procedure" with Parking Eye, so you cannot have been following correct advice from here!

You need to post your own thread in the Parking Tickets Forum for the most up to date help and advice, although you have been given excellent advice on the other thread you leeched on.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support