Forum Home» Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News

'Smoking peace pipes with the Money Advice Service' blog discussion

New Post Advanced Search

'Smoking peace pipes with the Money Advice Service' blog discussion

3 replies 2.4K views
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.

Replies

• fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    16.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shall start to feel more kindly inclined towards MAS when they start spending less on themselves and direct more of their funds to debt advice.
  • mehermeher
    15.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was fantastic. A case for financial education in schools was presented very well but I got the feeling that no one was compelled or probably that they weren't quite sure who would be qualified to lead these lessons; would cpd be enough. May be people would have a better idea of how to take it foward if a sylabus is created and actually shown what it is all supposed to be.

btw did you notice that only Martin didn't wear a tie; my husband is exactly like that :D It was nice because it was a lighter color jacket. If the jacket is dark color, it would be better if the shirt has a square pocket, when worn without a tie. I hope it was ok :o to add just this little :D bit.
  • mehermeher
    15.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I posted on the wrong thread. This blog led me to another blog, I ended up responding on this one. Re MAS, it looks to me like it is a sign poster which is useful because that would be the first port of call when you start searching for informaiton but they could do a little more by facilitating the networking among available resources. But like any other charity, they also are more interested in creating facts and figures to prove these sort of sites shoudl exist and resources seem to be channelised for that instead of actually demonstrating that this site is indispensible by being pro active. Common and a foolish mistake and that's a common factor in all so called non profit businesses.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support