Bathroom suites.

Am looking a new bathroom suite including shower tray and screen etc.
Any reccomendations as to local suppliers or has anyone used any of the companys that are on E-Bay?

Comments

• dundeedoll_2
    dundeedoll_2 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    Hi Coolhandluke,

Have pm'd you.
    Nicotine Free since 01.08.2010 :j:j:j

Sealed Pot Challenge member 1097 2011 £1024.78 :T

I feel the two are connected :D
  • psybear
    psybear Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post
    Carryduff Bathrooms - up in the small industrail estate off Edgar Road (behind Top Gear Autos) have some well-priced stuff and my experience of them has been good.
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    B&Q are hard to beat. OH is a plumber. He fits bathroom suites which cost thousands of pounds from the independent bathroom dealers. People believe because they are paying a fortune that they are getting something better. In reality they don't look a heck of a lot different than those in B&Q.

If you want something entirely different than the usual run of the mill, have a look in The Yard on Montgomery Road (beside Castlereagh College) in East Belfast. Be prepared to spend a shedload of dosh though.
  • Twobins_2
    Twobins_2 Posts: 42 Forumite
    VP Jebb - Peters Hill Belfast are about the cheapest I've found. I live in Bangor and have found them chepaer than my local supplier.
  • Could also try the Plumb Centre over in Duncrue - we got a bathroom suite a couple of years ago for a good price and it was really modern....
    :T Member 194 of the Norn Iron club :T
  • Oh wait - I have just remembered - the reason why it was so cheap is because OH works for a partner company of theirs....you could still try though
    :T Member 194 of the Norn Iron club :T
  • theres a place in balloo drive bangor, think its called plumbing and heating supplies or centre, but theyre very reasonable and have gorg bathrooms too!
    member number 240 in da norn irn club

:beer: :beer:
  • dmaher1
    dmaher1 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Coolhandluke,

Depends what you all mean by a good price? What IS the price yous are paying?
    I just bought a steel bath suite from mfi .co.uk. for £264 delivered. That was with an extra 20% off. You can get now for £315 delivered. Its been delayed a bit so maybe taking a month to receive. Its the second i've got from them and have to say first one is good quality. Installed it myself as diy job.
    You may find the taps are not up to the standard you require, i.e. plastic fittings on them. If so go to ebay. Got top quality mixer tap with shower head and matching basin taps for about £70. Got a kitchen mixer for £10. Sent back same one i got with new kitchen in homebase for £90!!

You may find a lot of uk suite suppliers dont deliver to NI or charge a ridiculous amount.
  • Plum center are brilliant. They have a showroom in Lisburn but lots of depots in different places. They will plan your bathroom layout too if you take in all the measurements and mix and match products. Dads a plumber and his best tip is look at the Nabis range they are made by the same company that make ideal standard but much cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure