Tesco Groceries Delivery Saver

Options
Tesco have started doing their delivery saver for groceries for £36 for 3 month of deliveries or £60 for 6 month.

If you sign up before 10th August you can get 500 clubcard points for 3 month option and 1000 points for 6 month plan. Plus for the next 3 days TCB are doing 12.12% when you sign up! If you shop each week this could end up saving quite a bit!

Comments

• aaarrrggghhh
    aaarrrggghhh Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    If I work this out right then:

6 months @ £60
    £7.27 TopCashback brings it down to £52.73
    1000 CC points = £40 in rewards, if used to their full potential bringing six months worth of deliveries down to £12.73 or £2.12 per month or 53p per week.

Bargain.
    10 Ways to Spend All Your Student Loan In A Week
  • madhouse
    madhouse Posts: 390 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I was using this for my weekly delivery. When I realised I could have a delivery every day if I wanted as long as I spent at least £40, I moved the family shop to £40.00 every 5 days and find I have much less waste and get fresh food every 5 days rather than having to keep for a week. Ideal for families.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    I am really tempted by this offer as I hate going to the shops in person and have been alternating between tesco and sainsbury depending on who gives me vouchers off. (Also get free delivery with sainsbury but you have to spend £100)

Not sure I like the idea of being tied to one company and gutted I missed the extra points as that might have swung it for me.

Might hang on and see if they do a similar offer.

What to do? Just about to do my weekly on line shop as well.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Polly
    Polly Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in the same position as you, KM, as I just discovered this today and am too late for the incentive offers. I came on here to see if there was any feedback and it seems to be worthwhile under certain circumstances. I shop in Tesco 3-4 times a week and would easily spend £40 a time. The convenience of delivery would cut down any impulse buys. What to do, what to do..... :think:
  • 1jim
    1jim Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have been using the delivery saver for the last 3 months as a trial really, been getting deliveries every week, has worked out quite cost effective. Have been able to plan meals and order specifically for what we want, also have been free to choose any delivery slot we want when previously would have avoided the expensive slots.

So with the above in mind, we received an email from tesco saying that 3 mth period was due to expire, could continue with 3 mth plan and do nothing up upgrade to 6 month plan, decided to upgrade to 6 mth plan as this is cheaper. Called customer services on the number given in the email, I was passed from pillar to post and had to redial no less than 5 times to actually get through to the correct team..... Only to be told I had to cancel delivery saver and then reorder after the original one expired, really? It shouldn't be beyond tescos to have a better system than this, I have never found it so hard to give a company £60 of my hard earned cash.

Anyway, delivery saver is great but my advice is to save yourself an hour of your time and stick with whatever plan you have now at renewal, life's to short for the carry on I went through yesterday :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure