How do you all do it?

Options
Those of you who enter 100's of competitions a day, how do you manage to do it without it getting in the way of other things in your life?

Today I have had the day off work (I usually work Saturdays) and have been trying to catch up with comps that I have missed. I aim to do at least 30 a day but have had days when I have just been too busy or exhausted and only managed 4 or 5. I realise that if I entered a lot more I would have a better chance of winning but I can't seem to do more than I am at the moment without it interfering with other things that need doing such as work/cleaning/cooking/family/partner/pets.

Today I have done nothing but comp for most of the day (except for a short trip to local supermarket) and have only managed to enter 55 comps! It seems to take me ages to find which ones I want to enter and then read through the comps & then enter them. (I must admit to sometimes having a bit of a daydream about winning the comps which probably holds me up a little!).

If anyone has any tips to keeping a comping/rest of life balance then please let me know! Is it just my lack of organisation that is holding me back or do those of you who enter so many feel you have to neglect other areas in your life in order to enter that many comps?

I would really love to know! :) Everyone on here is brilliant, thanks to everyone who posts or helps out with comps. :T
:D January 2016: :) Seed Pantry Grow Pod :)

Comments

• dayday
    dayday Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    I guess this isn't really a tip as such but to make sure comping doesn't interfere with my life too much I set a time limit for comping.

2 hours a day. Between 2pm and 4pm.

I probably manage to enter around 50+ comps in that time.

If I haven't entered everything I could have entered then tough! lol
    If it means me missing out on the million pound comp then ah well!

Sometimes if i have the night off work and I'm bored watching Tv i'll enter a few whilst watching telly.

:beer:
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have just finished university so... I have all the time in the orld while im looking for a job. I usually get up early and sleep later... I guess that came from the time at uni, having little sleep (4/5 hours and doing a whole day of lecture I got used to it).

Ill comp for a few hours in the morning, make food... comp....food....tea...food...comp...and so on :P. I'll take breaks and do a bit of cleaning now and then, but, my flat is tiny so it takes 30mins tops to just keep on top of it.

When I'm comping, ill sort by end date. I recently started back up again, so skipped a few days and began doing them. At the moment im head to the 6/8 - and each morning ill check to see if new comps have come up on days that have passed. :)

When Im searching ill go through each page, open them in a new tab and do this for about 4/5 pages ill go through them, aimlessly filling it in. When I get back on form ill be doing about 150 a day. (including breaks in there for FB/Twitter and Pinterest) It takes dedication I feel to actually do it. I think you should just do as many as you feel comfortable with. I think it's a n art to actually get it to a point where you can skim the comps, then check them.

I don't do dailies. I will do, when I get back into it, and ill have those in a bookmark group, where i can just open them all. :)

I hope this helps. Im probably not the best person to help, considering I have nothing else to do, but I hope how I do it gives you an idea. :)

xx
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • MillyVanilli
    MillyVanilli Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    I use formfillers to make it quicker - through using computers a lot and entering lots of comps, I go through each comp extremely quickly - I never usually spend more than about 30 seconds filling out the form. I only really go for stuff I'd actually like to win, so don't bother with kids and family stuff. The only ones where the prizes interest me that I don't bother with are the dailies where you have to answer 5 extra questions per comp.

I find it a bit addictive, and always have the telly on whilst I'm doing it for some background entertainment. But it's down to you to do whatever you feel is the right amount for you!

I'm currently unemployed, so I've had a lot more comping time than usual, so I'm catching up after a recent break. Usually it'll take me no more than an hour to get through a day's comps.
  • Madrabbitgirl
    Options
    Nelie- Don't get me wrong, it's not that I have an amazingly busy fulfilling life(not at all!) it's just that I always feel there's a heap of stuff that I SHOULD be doing! It doesn't mean that it necessarily gets done! I also have a small flat and it's certainly not spotless. I like your way of describing comping as an art-form! Enjoy your break from uni. :)
    :D January 2016: :) Seed Pantry Grow Pod :)
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nelie- Don't get me wrong, it's not that I have an amazingly busy fulfilling life(not at all!) it's just that I always feel there's a heap of stuff that I SHOULD be doing! It doesn't mean that it necessarily gets done! I also have a small flat and it's certainly not spotless. I like your way of describing comping as an art-form! Enjoy your break from uni. :)

Ah thank you - I do know what you mean though, I'm always thinking I should be doing stuff, but then think 'ooh just one more page' :). As long as you enter ones you want and keep it as a hobby, it should be fun. I know, I often get annoyed Ive missed somehting that would be an awesome present or gift for someone! :) Just wait until Advents... ;) xx
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • Taloolah
    Taloolah Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I comp as and when I can , normally when the kids are in bed. I have a full time job and a big family so I have to balance comping with other things. I find roboform is invaluable and also I only enter for things I really want.
    Good luck
    Many thanks to the wonderful staff at Birmingham Childrens Hospital caring for my tiny and very poorly grandson who was born at 29 weeks. Thanks to them he is getting a little stronger every day.:A:A:A
  • dream109
    dream109 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm lucky to be able to access F/B and Twitter at work, so enter them comps during the day..then just do day ending comps in the evening while watching television for a couple of hours....
    Also use roboform or chrome filling in as makes it ten times faster! Also quite picky with what I enter :)
    'Wisest is she who knows she does not know.'
  • hoogervaaner
    hoogervaaner Posts: 842 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2012 at 3:02PM
    Options
    I work full time and work away regularly with no internet access for days at a time.
    I don't tend to do the dailies where you have to go through all the questions, although I may enter them once. I subscribe to threads for those comps with daily entry that really interest me ( currently copella, glamour, nutella etc).
    I've just started using roboform, a fantastic timesaver.
    I enter the odd comp through the day when I am at home but mostly comp during the evening when the tv is on. I comp working backwards from the most recent posting on the board. Sunday afternoon is a major comping time when I run though upcoming end dates to pick up comps I may have missed.
    I don't enter 100's a day as I only enter for things I want, I probably do between 30 and 70, I may pick up another 30-50 on Sunday end dating. I am happy with my level of wins for the time I put in. Brace yourself for Advents, they made my head spin and I dreamt about them!
    :D
  • Purple_Skull
    Options
    I do about 25 dailies and 75-100 by date ending 2 days ahead every day and it takes 1-2 hours. You should probably stick to comps that don't take long to enter and use autofil. I find I can enter a lot in an hour or two. Twitter ones are the easiest to enter and then DVD ones where you just enter your name/email. I usually get up an hour before my kids and get the majority done then finish the rest during the day when I get chance. I wouldn't let it interfere with my life though.

I average 100 a day and seem to get at least 1 win a week plus a few good freebies :)

May you all have lots of luck, Emma xx
  • avelte
    avelte Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    whats that word called? bug ....hmmm...no addiction....i bet you dont have it yet...wait until you win couple of things and you will see that after you do everything else very quick ,your laptop is going to be your best friend...LOL
    A rule of the universe is, the more you give, the more you get
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport