Ebay Help

Hi all

Apologies if this isnt the correct place on the forum!

I've got some things listed on ebay, and I've been asked if I'd consider a buy-it-now price for one of the items - which i would! However, in editing the listing, I don't seem to be able to edit to include a buy it now price - is that always the case or am Im being daft?

Cheers in anticipation of your help!!!
Plan to PAD Everyday 2024
Credit Card - £3662.99 (int free to 11/11/25) -
PAD Totals
Jan 2024 -

Comments

• xxlaurissaxx
    xxlaurissaxx Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    I had the same problem. You need to end the listing then relist as buy it now. I did this then sent the buyer a link and he bought them withing an hour.
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • rsdiscos
    rsdiscos Posts: 816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ok - thanks - I've got 10 people watching the items so I'm not sure what to do. I asked the person to tell me what sort of offer he'd make.

Thanks again!
    PAD Totals
    Jan 2024 -
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    problem with ending the listing and relisting as a BIN,is you can't make the buyer buy.
    if they don't buy you are left with the original fees and now a more expensive BIN listing
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    leave item as it is, you may end up with more money than what buyer is offering you
  • stevebeechmount59
    stevebeechmount59 Posts: 22 Forumite
    edited 25 July 2012 at 7:32PM
    As far as I'm aware, you simply end the listing early under 'more actions' and proceed to sell to the buyer who is instructed to pay.

Ebay will then take their final valuation fee as usual. There is no need to relist as a Buy It Now and pay the fee for doing so.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    As far as I'm aware, you simply end the listing early under 'more actions' and proceed to sell to the buyer who is instructed to pay.

Ebay will then take their final valuation fee as usual. There is no need to relist as a Buy It Now and pay the fee for doing so.

If buyer puts in a bid and then seller ends listing early to sell to that buyer it will sell at the start price, and I don't think that is what the OP wants.

I agree with the above, let the auction run as it may be an item of interest and get more if more than one person bids.

If you just end auction early and sell to the person asking, then that's against ebayrules as it is being sold 'off' eBay.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lijaloo
    lijaloo Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can't amend a listing once you have a bid on it, so you can't add a buy it now to the listing.

If you end the listing early, you have to explain why and will then have to relist it.
  • rsdiscos
    rsdiscos Posts: 816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for all the comments!

I'm going to leave the item running - to be honest it's caught me off guard - I was only expecting a couple of quid, but was offered £40 so who knows what will happen - I'll just be glad to have the extra space!

Thanks again
    PAD Totals
    Jan 2024 -
  • stevebeechmount59
    stevebeechmount59 Posts: 22 Forumite
    edited 25 July 2012 at 10:26PM
    If it's not too late to do so, you can simply amend the start price to the agreed amount between you and the buyer and then end the auction early. I've done this on a number of occasions and ebay doesn't appear to have a problem with it - unless they've recently changed the rules on this.
  • smunchkinp
    smunchkinp Posts: 77 Forumite
    If the buyer is local, let him pop round and pay cash, then end the listing.

I do this on anything that i can.
    Mortgage deposit fund: £4000
    £2012 in 2012 challenge #121: £2491.23/£2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills