Good Sofa shops in Edinburgh/Glasgow

Hey folks,

Usually I'd post elsewhere in the forum, and the usual response is a lot of specific answers relating to shops that are in England, thus making it difficult to see a sofa before I buy it.

So does anyone have any recommendations on where to get a decent sofa.

Currently, my OH and I have agreed on one we like in DFS, but given the reviews.. I'm a bit hesitant (should I be?)

Any recommendations appreciated :D
:exclamatiTo the internet.. I need to complain about something!

Comments

• scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I've bought furniture from Beligica at Bo'ness and would highly recommend. It's not too far from you either. They have a good range to choose from and a wide price list too so plenty choice.

They do have a website (here) however I would definitely suggest popping in for a look.

I bought a sofa and moon chair from this range last year via Belgica and love it to bits - it's also been well admired. The gentleman who helped me was great and encouraged me to be a bit more daring with my fabric choice for the scatter cushions than I would have been and he was absolutely right. I'll certainly be heading back here next time I'm looking for furniture. They also have a great variety of nice mirrors and lamps.

I can't comment on DFS however I have a real aversion to any of the stores which have constant sales and offers. I'm not a fan of chains of shops either as things are so mass produced. As far as I know Belgica only have the Bo'ness shop and a smaller one in Glasgow so it's not mass market.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • jm2926
    jm2926 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Hey folks,
    Currently, my OH and I have agreed on one we like in DFS, but given the reviews.. I'm a bit hesitant (should I be?)

Any recommendations appreciated :D

Yes, ours didn't last the length of the payment plan. It looked great, cost just under £2k, but was rubbish to sit on. We had them out twice replacing cushion innards etc.

We replaced them from Delcor, but they no longer have showrooms in Scotland. Fab sofas, had them about 7 years, look as good as new.
  • Chimpofdoom
    Chimpofdoom Posts: 806 Forumite
    Thanks for the advice/suggestions!

I'll drag the OH along to Belgica, hopefully she can find something she'll like! So far, she has picked one in M&S and DFS.

As for DFS, it seems to be hit or miss, my parents have a leather suite from them and it's been great! But so many negative reviews makes the mind boggle...
    :exclamatiTo the internet.. I need to complain about something!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure