bankruptcy and my Passport ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Gunter6259
    Options
    Thank you for your answers , but my question is more oriented about the record of your bankruptcy , my understanding was only par company like Experian,Equifax.. etc..but if the credit score show you you are bankrupt for 6 years and after that you are clear. How come the government still know you have been bankrupt, because I can t find any track about my bankruptcy record on this moment. I don t know if the government in England will waste money to keep record of that. It s for that I would like to know if somebody could know where they are kept if they are keeping the track of it or somebody know somebody to found out this information.

Thank you for your help
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,289 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bankruptcies are also recorded in the Gazette:

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/
  • NotEvanAPot
    Options
    If the question is "have you ever been bankrupt" you need to answer it honestly.

Fraud is fraud, no one here is going to advocate you lying about it.
  • TimeToDoIt
    Options
    It's funny, but for a moment there I read that as if you were saying that you were planning to lie to a direct question in your application for a British passport and you were asking us for confirmation that you wouldn't get found out.
    ~~I am debt free~~
  • TimeToDoIt
    Options
    PS yes, you should definitely do it.

Lie on your application. I'm sure you're much more intelligent than anyone who might be responsible for checking or anything as menial as that, so you're sure to be fine and definitely won't be caught, prosecuted and have your application rejected.

*thumbs up*
    ~~I am debt free~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family