SIPP comparison

Options
Thought some folk might find this SIPP comparison interesting if they haven't already seen it.

Comments

• jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Monthly fund buying charges for many places would devastate the value of the pension but they didn't even bother to assume any new payments into the pension pot at all for funds and made a ridiculously low 4 trades a year assumption for shares.
  • srcandas
    srcandas Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hugheskevi wrote: »
    Thought some folk might find this SIPP comparison interesting if they haven't already seen it.

Could be a good basement grid to start your own evaluation. I do think anyone trading shares would have to take into account spread. Also security of web access and likely longevity of supplier is important to many. Even if funds are guaranteed a robbed account or bankrupt supplier is going to take a while to sort out.

But thanks for pointing it out :beer:
    I believe past performance is a good guide to future performance :beer:
  • snowcat53
    snowcat53 Posts: 602 Forumite
    Options
    This is useful as i am considering switching my stakeholder pensions (around 120k) into a SIPP in order to allow drawdown later. I'm interested to hear your reservatiions about the way they've worked out costs. How would the providers' comparison change with a much shorter period (say up to 10 years), and with few additions and switches?
  • srcandas
    srcandas Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    snowcat53 wrote: »
    This is useful as i am considering switching my stakeholder pensions (around 120k) into a SIPP in order to allow drawdown later. I'm interested to hear your reservatiions about the way they've worked out costs. How would the providers' comparison change with a much shorter period (say up to 10 years), and with few additions and switches?

You've hit the nail on the head. All you can do is map out your own likely behaviour and apply the current charges and considerations to it. And even then the current raft of charging changes going through will mean continuous re-assessment.

Get the feeling this type of assessment will have more value in 12 months time. In the meantime just look out for exit fees which could make today's decision an expensive experience :beer:
    I believe past performance is a good guide to future performance :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport