Cases of Wine - online?

Options
Has anyone out there bought the mixed cases of wine as offered by the Sunday Times etc. Are they worth the money? I don't know a lot (anything!) about wine and worry that I could be being stitched up.

Comments

• JimArnold
    JimArnold Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options
    in general they offer good value - if you really know your wines you might be able to do better but you might not. Many of these are offered at a discount to get you to join.
    They certainly aren't a rip off
    TANSTAAFL !
  • Knightstemplar189
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance. I'll take the plunge.
  • Smudger99
    Smudger99 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Virgin wines seem quite good. They also promise to replace the box if it goes missing from your door step. :rotfl:
    If you register but don't buy anything they will send you emails with discount codes to encourage you.
  • casca
    casca Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I'm very happy with Virgin Wines. They give you a Wine Advisor, and you tell them what you like and it's now got to the stage where I let them choose the case for me and I enjoy all 12.
  • planetf1
    planetf1 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The good offers are worth watching out for. I've used laithwaites/direct wines & Virgin a few times & both have been very good - quick delivery, customer service fine, wines very nice.

I find the wines are from smaller places, ie they change all the time, much better variety..

Keep an eye on any intro offers that pop up from time to time.

I did get one mailshot recently from a company I'd never heard of, and couldn't find anything (except their website) when searching in google. I also found a few wines online for < £3 so looked like an economy outfit. May be wrong though. But I'd stay with the main players unless you have personal recommendation.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Check some of these offers. Some have that dreaded catch of offering you a case every 3 months...if you don't cancel it, they will send it to you and you pay their normal price of £79.... etc.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are interested in cases of wines take a look at the following site

https://www.acaseofwine.com

it is run by a memeber on the boards, zcaprd7. I believe he gets a commission, but he also researches the best deals you'll get for these cases. The following is his signature;

I've found the cheapest cases of wine on the internet - you can find the results at my website: http://www.acaseofwine.com
  • nikkig_3
    nikkig_3 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Hi just to let you know I have been disappointed with the Daily Mail wine collection, but loathe as I am to admit it, the Richard (can't stand him!) and Judy wine collections have been excellent! and the last case was exceptional value, it worked out at about £3.75 a bottle! The next case is not such good value though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure