PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Beef mince. Shocked by water content

Options
I need some advice on this. I bought some lean organic minced beef from graigfarm organics. I dry fried a 475g pack and I got a lot of liquid. I lightly strained the liquid and was left with 340g of meat. What shall I do as I feel as though water has been added and I have been ripped off. By the way the texture of the mince was not right. It was too fine

I value your opinions. The meat in the pack looked very lean

Comments

• overlykeensaver
    Options
    this doesn't sound right at all - especially if you have bought organic meat which I assume would be more expensive than ordinary supermarket mince. why not give them a call - hopefully they will be shocked and help you!

We buy meat from Donald Russel and it never shrinks or leaches liquid.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am completely shocked. I rang graig farm and she is getting their butcher to test a sample of the same batch. I placed my trust in this company and feel completely let down and maybe that is why I feel so upset by this. I bought lean minced steak. The liquid actually bubbled up over the top of the mince
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure