We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Cleaning the outpipe of a dishwasher
Athome1
Posts: 345 Forumite
Would it be feasible to use a dose of caustic soda (as per mix instructions) inside a dishwasher to clean it AND more importantly clean out the waste pipe? It is plumbed in, in such a way that I can't just unhook the pipe and have a poke about to clean it. I know I can use vinegar and soda crystals but I thought the caustic soda would be much more robust. I'm concerned it might be too robust though!
Your thoughts would be very welcome please.
ps Would caustic soda 'thaw' frozen pipes in the winter?
Your thoughts would be very welcome please.
ps Would caustic soda 'thaw' frozen pipes in the winter?
0
Comments
-
I really would not recommend using caustic soda anywhere near a dishwasher. Why do you believe that the waste-pipe needs to be cleaned? All that goes down it is hot, soapy water so it should be clean enough already without any help.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards