Tesco 40 Ariel actilift excel tabs £7

Options
Local Tesco store(lancs) yesterday eve. and picked up off the very top shelf, (out of an open box) 40 Ariel actilift excel tabs(green box). Payed at till £7.00!!!!!!!!!
Returned this eve. picked up 2 more boxes, approx. 18p per wash! Checked online an they aren't listed!! :j

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 June 2012 at 1:24AM
    Options
    Sorry to say it but I don't find this an absolute bargain ..... I only like to pay around 10p a wash which ever brand I use & 7 pounds sounds quite expensive to me! :p:p

***edit*** I don't understand how you worked it out to 18p a wash if it was 40 tablets for £7 or was it 40 WASHES ie 80 tablets as you are meant to use 2 TABLETS PER WASH! .... Unless its the LIQUITAB ones? In which case it is good value as it is 33 for £7 in Asda & 42 for £8 @ Ocado ;

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=ariel actilift
  • Issyc
    Issyc Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Well intentioned post I am sure but very expensive washing powder.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Suzy-Q wrote: »
    Local Tesco store(lancs) yesterday eve. and picked up off the very top shelf, (out of an open box) 40 Ariel actilift excel tabs(green box). Payed at till £7.00!!!!!!!!!
    Returned this eve. picked up 2 more boxes, approx. 18p per wash! Checked online an they aren't listed!! :j

This sounds like the morrisons discontinued packs which were 18 pence a few weeks back.
  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    To those who follow the instructions and use 2 tabs per wash, if you have a standard size machine ie not an extra large drum one, try a wash with just 1 tab. You'll never use 2 again!
    Even more MSE!:beer:

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • Suzy-Q
    Suzy-Q Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Excel Liquitabs;
    Yes they're liquitabs, hence I use only 1 per wash and they work everytime. Have tried other brands but prefer these, saves having to wash things twice, on most occasions!
    Thanks to the positive posters!!! I don't post very often, happen as well really!!
    Take care all.
  • happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    do you think they are an offer at your store only or Nationwide?

OH wears white shirts for work and would like to get some Ariel as always used this before it go so expensive, think it brings the shirts up lovely. I have been using Aldi and Lidl powder and although good I prefer Ariel for white wash
  • patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    Options
    10p per wash is my aim too.
  • Suzy-Q
    Suzy-Q Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I should think that they're in all stores but, I took these from above the shelves, out of a box that was already opened. Couldn't see a marked place for them on the shelves. I did check online and they weren't listed. The boxes of 21's were priced at £7.00 +!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure