Mens Hampers

Options
It's always the men in my family I struggle to buy for, I can sort the women out easy as they all like the same thing.

So I've decided to make hampers. I've ordered a couple of these from Wilkinsons. http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/tool-kits-tool-bags+tool-boxes/wilko-utility-box-blackorange-12in/invt/0286640/ to use instead of wicker baskets etc.

Now I just need to work out what to put in them.

My three main people are

My Dad - I know naff all about his interests and likes really, he works a lot, drinks lots of coffee, likes motorbikes.

My stepdad - like rugby, golf, poker, whisky and cider.

My grandad - likes sports but mainly rugby, liquorice all sorts and chocolate.

I'm thinking an obligatory pair of socks each but what else? Especially for my dad.

I also can't afford to spend a fortune either x
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx

Comments

• MulberryPeony
    Options
    The tool box is a fab idea for a mans hamper!

Cheap DVD or book from Amazon? Bath stuff/other smellies?
    1008 Hollywalk Park Blog
  • carlamarie_2
    carlamarie_2 Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ikkle87 wrote: »
    It's always the men in my family I struggle to buy for, I can sort the women out easy as they all like the same thing.

So I've decided to make hampers. I've ordered a couple of these from Wilkinsons. http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/tool-kits-tool-bags+tool-boxes/wilko-utility-box-blackorange-12in/invt/0286640/ to use instead of wicker baskets etc.

Now I just need to work out what to put in them.

My three main people are

My Dad - I know naff all about his interests and likes really, he works a lot, drinks lots of coffee, likes motorbikes.

My stepdad - like rugby, golf, poker, whisky and cider.

My grandad - likes sports but mainly rugby, liquorice all sorts and chocolate.

I'm thinking an obligatory pair of socks each but what else? Especially for my dad.

I also can't afford to spend a fortune either x

i would personally stick with one theme with the hampers

your dad - selection of coffees (look out for online sales) some biscuits (homemade or shop bought), a book on motorbikes or a rider (to read whilst eating his biccies and drinking his coffee of course

stepdad - golf hamper; tees, balls, golfing socks, gloves or hat (i have no idea how much these cost!) golf cup (see them alot in cheap shops esp in the run upto xmas, usually in the shape of a golf ball they did have some at halfcost.co.uk a couple of weeks ago really cheap, may still have them)then i would add some of them little golf ball shaped sweets i remember them when i was a kid maybe try a retro sweet shop?

grandad - rugby hamper; cup/glass, socks, keyring, badges, hat with his team on. autobiography of one of his favourite players (could also work for the glof hamper too) and some liqourice for eating whilst watching the game. if he watches the matches at the stadium you could pop some money inside for a programme or if his team has a magazine they publish.
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • carlamarie_2
    carlamarie_2 Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    on pasttimes website there is a couple of golf, rugby and motorbike books under a fiver, and there is a code for 25% off and free delivery on the codes board/ theres also quidco and tcb available too
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For Xmas, I made up a coffee hamper for my stepdad.

I put in
    a travel mug (one of the ones that keep coffee warm)
    some different types of coffee (from Whittards)
    a small coffee filter (from Whittards and is supposed to be for tea)
    A new mug
    a spoon
    Some biscuits

He was really pleased with it.
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    Options
    Cadburys World factory tour (Bourneville, Birmingham), then a weekend in Dublin - whisky o'clock!
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure