My appt with the bank and what i have .....

I have an appointment tomorrow at the co op bank. I have been with them since December 2010 and went BR on May 24th 2011, i am glad to say its all over (well that part is anyway) May 24th 2012 this year.

This is what has happened to me since before BR and after ....

I needed car insurance and pay direct debit with the co op, i went with them mainly because i have a membership card for shares, so all points add up into cash. What was particularly interesting was, i actually failed the credit check as i knew i would, but co op over rode this ( i did tell him the truth before proceeding) and now i have insurance.

Before my BR had finished i applied to Fashion world for a small catalogue, granted the APR is a little higher than say Littlewoods, but i was shocked to find within minutes i had £150 credit limit. I have since used this twice, first time i paid off in full, this next month i may pay half and half. I was quite surprised to say the least, especially before my BR ended.

I also have two mobile phone accounts, one with T Mobile whom i have been with for 5 years, and also Vodafone for 2 years. T Mobile mobile my husband uses but i got a good deal with them for him. Its in my name though. I started my vodafone account before i went BR and carried it on through the year. I came up for renewal last month and got a different Iphone (4S) for another 2 years, and sold my other iphone 4 for £220. They did a credit check also. No questions asked.

I did apply for Vanquist - got refused.

I have a prepaid Kalixa Mastercard which is very useful and used it a few times.

...........................................................................................

So i after all the above, i had a call from the bank, just routine i think. I asked her when i could have a little overdraft ( i am not greedy) and also because i worked hard and saved up £3200 for Mexico for next year for our 25th wedding anniversary needed a credit card ( i was concerned in Mexico they would want a credit card imprint for breakages etc), she looked through my account and asked me to come in tomorrow.

Apparently on their computer it all works on letters. If you are M, its a no go, but i am in the boarder line part. I pay all my bills from that account and she said my banking was very good as have not been over drawn. I paid for copies from Equifax and Experian which shows Fashion world and my contract mobile phone accounts on it.

I do not hold any hope of course, but at least its a start going forward to re building my credit history.

I hope you didnt mind me sharing this with you :)
B/R ..... May 24th 2011
D/C ..... May 24th 2012

Life is one big mystery to me, wake me up when all becomes clear

:j:j:j:j

Comments

• Make sure and let us know how you get on! I've got my fingers crossed for you!! ;)

JCG

xx
    :smileyheaMarried on 20/07/2012! :smileyhea
    :DBought my new car 11/08/12:D
    :cool: Save £12k In 2013 Num 009! £5502/£5000 :cool:
    Save £12k in 2014 Num 22! £2131/£3000
    Emergency Fund £0
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Like JCG, shelly got my fingers crossed too :beer:

Best wishes
    If...x
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • shelly1965
    shelly1965 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Thank you very much, i have to travel 25 miles to get to this bank because there isnt one near us. My appointment is the first one at 10 am:j
    B/R ..... May 24th 2011
    D/C ..... May 24th 2012

• debtinfo
    debtinfo Posts: 7,012 Forumite
    lets hope is worth it then:)
    Hi, im Debtinfo, i am an ex insolvency examiner and over the years have personally dealt with thousands of bankruptcy cases.
    Please note that any views i put forth are not those of my former employer The Insolvency Service and do not constitute professional advice, you should always seek professional advice before entering insolvency proceedings.
  • shelly1965
    Hi

Well i didnt get what i asked for, as soon as all the information went into the computer it said NO !, But the guy said he is going to talk to another department on Monday if it can be over turned or not.

Will keep you posted:)
    B/R ..... May 24th 2011
    D/C ..... May 24th 2012

• yesican
    yesican Posts: 243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 July 2012 at 4:01PM
    Fashion world have always been known to give anyone credit.
  • shelly1965
    How come they do then? Before i got a catalogue, i had never heard of them
    B/R ..... May 24th 2011
    D/C ..... May 24th 2012

• shelly1965
    Well my banking situation with the Co op is still going on from last saturday.

Basically i telephoned Monday and he had nothing new to tell me, i am the one that is impatient and forget they have other clients to sort and see :j

Tuesday the guy rang me and said the office who deals with these requests wanted to know about my other savings accounts i have. I said i hadn't got any, but what i did say on saturday was i had money saved for Mexico next year.

He asked me to put that money in my cash minder account, which i have done today, well i put in £1600, i didn't do it all in case i needed some for emergencies at home.

I did ask what this was all about, it seemed a random thing to do ?
    He said that they wanted proof i could save, and that i had the money i said i did have. It all goes strong for me to get a current account, the "Privilege Premier current account - £13 a month". Includes RAC cover, holiday insurance and cover for four mobile phones, to include my iphone 4s etc. Plus gives 20% off house insurance and a free overdraft of £300.

Of course i still feel its all going to come to nowt, but at least whatever happens i feel good, positive with my out look and they would lose £13 a month and i know that would hit them more than me :D

I will keep you posted.
    B/R ..... May 24th 2011
    D/C ..... May 24th 2012

• PippaGirl_2
    PippaGirl_2 Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    That sounds hopeful Shelly!
    "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
  • shelly1965
    PippaGirl wrote: »
    That sounds hopeful Shelly!

Yes thank you. I did forget to tell them i had a pre paid Kalixa Credit mastercard that i load as well, although it has only £50 on it, but better than nothing.

I don't want to be a pain and keep ringing them up, even though it is for my benefit:)
    B/R ..... May 24th 2011
    D/C ..... May 24th 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business