PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Doris Grant loaf?

Options
has anyone ever made it?
What is it like....brick or light?
"Finish each day And be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and Absurdities have crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can."

Comments

• thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yep, I used to make it all the time. I think I used an adaptation of the recipe by Delia. It is very dense and heavy, certainly not light, but extremely delicious ;) at least I think so. It makes for a small wheaty tasting loaf. It's easy peasy to make because you just stir it all together into a sloppy mixture with your hands and plonk it in a tin. If I remember rightly you leave it for a while then bake.

I recommend it:)
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    This is the one I used
    http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/quick-and-easy-wholemeal-loaf,1351,RC.html

My OH isn't that keen on it so I stopped baking it, but I think I might reinstate it, thanks for the reminder.
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    I used to make it all the time till I got my bread maker, it is a denser loaf, but still very good.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    Did you try it npsmama ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills