How is anyone getting a mortgage please?

Options
13»

Comments

• The_J
    The_J Posts: 1,250 Forumite
    Options
    :eek:
    The J, I am not a difficult customer at all. I dont quite understand where you are getting that about me. But thanks for your input.

Come off it, you think you should get the best deals but you can't. You're either difficult or a scary person who the FA doesn't want to take on, I'm not sure what is worse. Did they honestly say "I recommend you speak to First Direct as I definitely think they will do it" or did they say "You have to apply directly for that one, I'm not sure if they will do it or not"?

I'm guessing you spoke to a fees free whole of market broker? They tend to be a bit green and can bin off difficult clients without too much trouble.
    The J is a Financial Advisor-This site doesn't check anyone's status and as such any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Always seek professional advice.
  • zappahey
    zappahey Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Thrugelmir, why don't they ask exactly where the deposit is coming from in the initial phone calls then? Would save a lot of time for both parties.

I'm currently applying for a mortgage with Smile and they asked me this question during the first phone call, so I'm surprised you got so far with them.
    What goes around - comes around
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Thrugelmir, why don't they ask exactly where the deposit is coming from in the initial phone calls then? Would save a lot of time for both parties.

Turning the question around. Why didn't you ask if this was acceptable? As your plan was based on assumption.

There's a world of difference on how consumers view lending , and how the lenders do. In any business proposal. Banks like to see investors putting their own money at risk.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure