How bad can a County Court Judgement Affect you?

Options
13»

Comments

• NeverAgain_2
    NeverAgain_2 Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    talah wrote: »
    Hes used my details without my consent to drive a car when he does not have his own details as he does not have a licence. He hit another car and the driver of that car is claiming against me as my name was used and is now asking for a cost which they incurred and have filed a ccj against my name.

I didnt think that the police could start talking about me perverting the course of justice.

Looks like it going to have to be my brother who i have to report.

I agree at the point of impact you are in the clear.

But by not subsequently reporting what happened, you are leaving yourself open to the possibility - no more than that - of being charged.

I believe facilitating another to drive without insurance is now an offence, albeit you won't go to prison for it.
  • Tabatha_Kitten
    Options
    NeverAgain wrote: »
    I agree at the point of impact you are in the clear.

But by not subsequently reporting what happened, you are leaving yourself open to the possibility - no more than that - of being charged.

I believe facilitating another to drive without insurance is now an offence, albeit you won't go to prison for it.

Agreed. But for someone who works for an insurance company as a claims assessor (and who is currently on probation) to put themself in this position.....
  • afly
    afly Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 June 2012 at 12:29AM
    Options
    talah, the members here are coming to an excellent but terrifying conclusion here. Can you afford to pay off the amount immediately to make it go away? If you can, be sure not to let your brother leave you in a situation like this again

Not an ideal solution but the alternative could be worse :(

EDIT: I see from another thread of yours that the ccj is for 3k and you don't have the disposable to cover it. Also that it is already enacted. Could you get a small loan (not payday) to pay it before the 28 day mark do you think? Friends/family even?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure