Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

SMA sb3000tl-20 and monitoring software

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
8 replies 1.6K views
shafeeqshafeeq Forumite
973 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
Hi

Since my Solar panels are nearly ready. Any one can advice me which is good software for PC to monitor from the inverter via bluetooth or any apps for Andorid phones.

Thanks in Advance
Shafeeq

Replies

• EricMearsEricMears Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    shafeeq wrote: »
    Hi

Since my Solar panels are nearly ready. Any one can advice me which is good software for PC to monitor from the inverter via bluetooth or any apps for Andorid phones.

Thanks in Advance
    Shafeeq

It's a one-horse race !

SUNNY EXPLORERThe free PC software solution

http://www.sma-uk.com/en_UK/products/software/sunny-explorer.html

Should work on any PC with a 'Bluetooth' connection.

I don't think it has an android version but you could no doubt run Sunny Explorer on a PC then port results to something else if you wanted.
    NE Derbyshire.
    4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).
    BEV : Nissan Leaf e+
  • WestonDaveWestonDave Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    The files it downloads (at least via the sunnybeam) are only CSV files so in theory if you can get something to see the inverter as a drive via bluetooth you could be able to access them. I suspect the software is more to do with the graphs etc you get on the sunnybeam.
    Adventure before Dementia!
  • pwllbwdrpwllbwdr Forumite
    443 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭
    There is an Android app, but I couldn't get it to work on my phone. I have an old netbook which collects the data every 20 minutes by bluetooth and uploads it to pvoutput.org. I can view that from the internet or using an android app for the pvoutput data.
  • shafeeqshafeeq Forumite
    973 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Pwllbwdr

Do you know what is the name of app. What software do u use to collect data with the netbook.

Shafeeq
    pwllbwdr wrote: »
    There is an Android app, but I couldn't get it to work on my phone. I have an old netbook which collects the data every 20 minutes by bluetooth and uploads it to pvoutput.org. I can view that from the internet or using an android app for the pvoutput data.
  • pwllbwdrpwllbwdr Forumite
    443 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭
    I think the android app I tried was called sunny data control, but I couldn't get the phone to connect to the inverter.

The script I use on the netbook is one I adapted from this.
    http://code.google.com/p/sma-uploader/wiki/README

I have it set up to upload to pvoutput every 20 minutes - this is the data.
    http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=8185&sid=6629

This is the android app to display the pvoutput data on the phone.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.id.mcdonalds.pvoutput&hl=en
    Runs fine on an htc phone and also on an Asus eeetablet.
  • spinybif_2spinybif_2 Forumite
    424 Posts
    May be more a problem of the blue tooth connection on the phone. I found from another forum and much head scratching that the sunny boy inverter Bluetooth will only work with specific drivers - Blue Soleil is definitely out which ruled out my desktop. My Hannspree Netbook with built in Bluetooth works fine.
    973 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your help

I couldn't get Sunny Explorer working, didn't spend much time. But found android App called SmAndroid, which works fine. It has few hicups but works fine. I can export files to CSV. But I havn't found it where it is saving on the phone. Again I just had a quick look.

I have HTC Desire.

When I have more time I will try Sunny explorer.

Shafeeq
    973 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Found the CSV files. It is located at Android\data\be.geek.smandroid\files

Shafeeq
This discussion has been closed.