We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Frozen Food - how long to freeze for
heatherbelle_3
Posts: 340 Forumite
I have a lot of reduced/marked down food in my freezer. The labels say 'freeze. use within 3 months' but its been 6 months (one is 9months)
I know I will be making my own decision here but would this be ok to eat? I know to take Best Before dates with a pinch of salt but not so sure with this frozen food malarky!
Maybe if you gave me advice on different items
- chicken escalopes, fishcakes
-meat
-sausages
-ready meals
as always thank you for your advice!
I know I will be making my own decision here but would this be ok to eat? I know to take Best Before dates with a pinch of salt but not so sure with this frozen food malarky!
Maybe if you gave me advice on different items
- chicken escalopes, fishcakes
-meat
-sausages
-ready meals
as always thank you for your advice!
I miss using my infinite coupons at Tesco!
2010 was the worst year ever
But 2011 so far has been a lot of fun! :j
2010 was the worst year ever
But 2011 so far has been a lot of fun! :j
0
Comments
-
this is a great thread and very relevant. Food won't go off over time , it may slightly lose quality.
Do read that thread and we will merge this later
Zip
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
Norn Iron club member #3800 -
just thaw it out and sniff - if in doubt chuck it out!
I think I cooked a duck that had been in the freezer for a few years.
You have reminded me that i've got some fish in the freezer - er I wonder if it's safe to use it?
xx0 -
It'll be alright,heck I had a Pheasant in the freezer that I ate this Christmas gone that I got from a brace the previous Christmas,nothing wrong with it & I'm still here.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards