90% home mover mortgage

Help please!

My husband and I currently have a mortgage with Halifax at 3.99% - we had hoped we could port this mortgage to buy our new property (whihc means borrowing a lot more) but this is not possible. Although Halifiax will lend us a crazy amount of money, the rate they offer us is 6.49%

We are selling our home and buying a property for £205,000 - we have 10% deposit.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the best deals about - we don't want our monthly repayments to be higher than £900 ish ideally.

Also, how long will it take to get in place - I am really worried about losing our sale if we don't move quickly.

Sorry in advance if I'd missed out any important details!

Thanks

Vixi

Comments

• Vixi
    Vixi Posts: 182 Forumite
    Anyone?

Having had a quick look, it seems Britannia will do a 3 year fixed at 5.09% which is much better - any others?

I'd really appreciate some help as I really know very little about mortgages!
  • beecher2
    beecher2 Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Book an appointment with a mortgage advisor and get some help going through your options. Take your credit reports with you - they'll need to be squeaky clean at such a high LTV.
  • Vixi
    No issues with our credit reports - both are squeaky clean! Just wondered if anyone knew of any deals out there at the moment...
  • Bluemeanie_2
    Bluemeanie_2 Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    HSBC have got a variety of 90% LTV mortgages. One at 4.99% (lifetime tracker).

They are picky though apparently. I got approved no problem, but I was borrowing less than 3 times my salary.
    I'm never offended by debate & opinions. As a wise man called Voltaire once said, "I disagree with what you say, but will defend until death your right to say it."
    Mortgage is my only debt - Original mortgage - January 2008 = £88,400, March 2014 = £47,000 Chipping away slowly! Now saving to move.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Yorkshire Building Society do a 3 year tracker for 4.19% (495 fee) or a 3 year fix at 4.89%.
    These are 90% LTV. I know they can be fairly strict on lending, so may depend on salary etc
  • Vixi
    Thank you for all your help - we have sorted a mortgage with Brittania :beer:
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,740 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Vixi wrote: »
    Help please!

My husband and I currently have a mortgage with Halifax at 3.99% - we had hoped we could port this mortgage to buy our new property (whihc means borrowing a lot more) but this is not possible. Although Halifiax will lend us a crazy amount of money, the rate they offer us is 6.49%

We are selling our home and buying a property for £205,000 - we have 10% deposit.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the best deals about - we don't want our monthly repayments to be higher than £900 ish ideally.

Also, how long will it take to get in place - I am really worried about losing our sale if we don't move quickly.

Sorry in advance if I'd missed out any important details!

Thanks

Vixi
    Wouldn't Halifax port the 3.99% on the current amount and add the extra borrowing at 6.49? What would the average rate have been? What penalty are you having to pay to get out of the 3.99%?

What have you got from Britannia?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure