Help - wrong name on marriage notice?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
3 replies 657 views
publunch78publunch78 Forumite
34 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
I hope someone can help me please? We gave notice in October and have finally picked up the notice certificates and i have realised that my dads first name has been spelt wrong - i am sure when we gave notice when we checked over documents that his name was correct - now i am stressing that i will have to pay notice fee again as its incorrect - I have tried phoning our reg office but no one has got back to me - Can anyone advise if we have to pay again? Thanks

Replies

• johannalf88johannalf88 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Don't Worry! We have the same problem. They spelt my OH dads surname wrong- (it's the same as OH!!) I pointed it out when I picked it up, n they said just show it to the registrars who marry you when you meet them.
    :T
  • snowybutterflysnowybutterfly Forumite
    25 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We have the same OH fathers name spelt incorrectly, as long as it's not the bride or groom it's fine, we informed the minister and he made a note to change it on the day :-)
    If your worried just phone the registrars office to make sure in your area
  • smithkinsonsmithkinson Forumite
    192 Posts
    Like other's have said, as long as it's not the bride or grooms details you should be fine. If worried I'd phone the register office that is marrying you and check they wouldn't have a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals