Muslin cloths

Options
Hi, I love the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish as I once had a sample of it but am put off buying the full size bottle due to the muslin cloths. The sales assistant in John Lewis said to put the cloths in the wash but not use fabric conditioner as that makes them too soft and they don't work as well so that would mean putting them in with my towels which I don't use a conditioner with but none of my towels are white and the colour would run, I don't want to have to buy that colour catcher stuff especially for face cloths.

Also the idea of wet cloths hanging round the bathroom puts me off but I do like the idea of one cleanser removing all my make up with a nice cloth and removing the needs for disposable wipes.

Does anyone else use the muslin cloths and find them OK?

Comments

• daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would using a coloured cloth affect how well your face is cleansed? You would know they were clean.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • EssexGirl
    EssexGirl Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 May 2012 at 9:39PM
    Options
    Most of my Liz Earle muslins are a strange colour after being washed many times with all sorts of washing. They get stored in a drawer out of sight and get put straight in the washing machine after use. I've washed mine with fabric conditioner and without and I can't say I've noticed much difference in softness either way.

Cleanse and Polish is an amazing product, I've used it for years and I won't use anything else. It's even great on kids, especially grubby little boys and the dirty bits behind their ears :D Please don't let the cloth situation stop you trying it.
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    My muslins are mainly pink - I bought a pack of baby muslins in a supermarket and cut each up into 4, then hemmed them. They just go in the washer with my laundry, and dry on the maiden with my undies.
  • Fusspot
    Fusspot Posts: 327 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Essex Girl do you wash your cloths just after one use?

I am tempted to try this again as my skin looked so good when I used that sample and I once had a tub of the skin repair moisturiser and it was divine but I used up the tub and didn't buy it again but I think I will get some, my skin has never looked as good as when I used it.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh Muslin.
    I thought you were looking for a veil to wear on your head.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Check out Washi cloths. I got one from an ebay seller as an extra. They are like a thin terry cloth but hold heat longer than a muslin cloth. You can buy 4 or 5 for £5 from the website.

Reviews from Liz Earle users saying it works better than the muslin cloths.
  • EssexGirl
    EssexGirl Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fusspot wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. Essex Girl do you wash your cloths just after one use?

I am tempted to try this again as my skin looked so good when I used that sample and I once had a tub of the skin repair moisturiser and it was divine but I used up the tub and didn't buy it again but I think I will get some, my skin has never looked as good as when I used it.

I tend to. I am just a bit OCD about some things and that is one of them :eek: But you can use them more than once.
    There is a fab offer on the Liz Earle site, get Cleanse and polish, Skin tonic, and moisturiser for £41 inc p&p and a free bottle of eyebright. I would take them up on this offer but I'm stocked up atm.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just use a cream cleanser on my face, massage it in and then wipe it off with a microfibre cloth. I found muslin a little too harsh on my face.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure