count down begins today

Options
Hi everyone just to let you know that i go to court tomorrow and i am really am nerveous ,what can i expect to happen , what will it be like, just will be glad when it will be all over, has my health is suffering . if you pick me up and shake me i would rattle with all these tablets that i am takeing. lol :confused:
:T :T

Comments

• worriedwithlife
    Options
    I'm in the same position. As of about 11am tomorrow i will be officially BR. I'd like to know what happens too, is it just that you take the forms, the fee and it gets signed. No bank statements, cards or anything to do with accounts?
  • bizzylizzy
    bizzylizzy Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was terrified to the point of palpitations and shaking before I went BR (Dec. 2006) but the court was OK.
    The clerk looked through the forms to check that I'd done it right (I had, thanks to help from on here) and took the fees, then I had to sit in the waiting room for a while, then was called to see the judge. He just asked if I'd had professional advice (I had, CCCS) told me to look at the clock and said I was BR from that time. It took less than a minute actually in front of the judge!
    I had to wait a few days to get a phone call from the OR to arrange a phone interview the following week. That was when all the details of accounts were taken and he told me what I needed to post to him (bank statements, loan and credit card details etc).
    That is how it works in this area, some places may do it slightly differently with regards to the OR but for most people the court bit is surprisingly quick and simple.
    I hope that helps to ease the worry a little bit for both of you, do try and get some sleep and remember - this time tomorrow it will all be over!
    Let us know how it goes.
  • worriedwithlife
    Options
    Thanks. Its the OR im more worried about. Not so much for the form details but that i dont have bank statements. Just details on the form. Most of my accounts are online so theres no paper statement.

I hope he/she can find them ok.
  • bizzylizzy
    Options
    I didn't have that problem as all mine were paper but I'm sure the OR is able to find a way to access online statements. A lot of people do their banking online so there must be a way for them to deal with it.
  • worriedwithlife
    Options
    How much did he ask for from you. Was it just last years informaton on banks/credit cards or years and years of statements?

What was the OR like. Did he just go over everything or was he looking for "slip ups". Did you get the opportunity to ask what he thought was likely to happen with discharge etc?

I think thats what worries me the most, the OR finding some problems
  • bizzylizzy
    Options
    I was told (as everyone will be) that discharge would be in at least a year. I know some people get an early one but the OR doesn't talk about that in the interview.

OR went through BR forms so have yours with you for the interview. My OR was nice and very human and I was able to ask any questions I needed to. Just tell the truth, they are not there to try and trip you up, just to sort out creditors etc and to understand the reasons for BR.

I can't remember how many statements he asked for, just send what you can of what he asks for and if you don't have it all, don't panic - he can get anything he needs from the creditors.

I was v. nervous about OR too but it was actually alright. Hope it goes well for you today.
  • scootw1
    scootw1 Posts: 2,165 Forumite
    Options
    bizzylizzy wrote: »
    I was told (as everyone will be) that discharge would be in at least a year. I know some people get an early one but the OR doesn't talk about that in the interview.

OR went through BR forms so have yours with you for the interview. My OR was nice and very human and I was able to ask any questions I needed to. Just tell the truth, they are not there to try and trip you up, just to sort out creditors etc and to understand the reasons for BR.

I can't remember how many statements he asked for, just send what you can of what he asks for and if you don't have it all, don't panic - he can get anything he needs from the creditors.

I was v. nervous about OR too but it was actually alright. Hope it goes well for you today.
    Discharge will be in a maximum of a year.

To add to this, I was asked questions on dates of debts so it would be handy if you had credit card statements with you sorted in date order just in case you need them
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    scootw1 wrote: »
    Discharge will be in a maximum of a year.

To add to this, I was asked questions on dates of debts so it would be handy if you had credit card statements with you sorted in date order just in case you need them

But if you don`t have all the dates then don`t worry as the OR can get all his info from the creditors files. I was a bit sketchy on dates and figures and it has not affected our OR`s investigation. In fact it is looking as if we will get an early discharge :T

Best of luck
    :beer:
    TJ
  • scootw1
    scootw1 Posts: 2,165 Forumite
    Options
    tight_jock wrote: »
    But if you don`t have all the dates then don`t worry as the OR can get all his info from the creditors files. I was a bit sketchy on dates and figures and it has not affected our OR`s investigation. In fact it is looking as if we will get an early discharge :T

Best of luck
    :beer:
    TJ

oh yes sorry. I found them to be useful to have in front of me but of course they can get them anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure