Endowment Mis-sell

Options
I was sold an endowment for my mortgage pre 1989 by an IFA (my solicitor at the time). His company has since gone into liquidation. Has anyone experience in 1) Claims for compensation for policies pre 1989. 2) Claims against a now non-existant IFA?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What is the start date.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • tiger1
    tiger1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    It commenced in June 1986
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unfortunatly, that means that you have no-one to complain to. The FSCS came into force in 1988 and only includes policies commenced after that date.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • N2000
    N2000 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts