We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
FTB Nationwide Save To Buy
andyp774
Posts: 26 Forumite
Hi my wife and I are in the process of saving through the Nationwide Save to Buy mortgage scheme. We only have about 6 weeks till the mortgage application actual goes through. I have a mortgage in principal application soon.
I have a default and wanted to know how this would affect it, Its due to come off end of May
I have a default and wanted to know how this would affect it, Its due to come off end of May
0
Comments
-
What in particular are you worried about r.e the default? Whether it will still be on file when you apply very much depends on when the CRA update their records - I would have thought though that a very near 6 year old default would have little impact on your application (I could be completely wrong though) unless you're applying for the 95% mortgage. Even then I would have thought overall affordability was much more important than a default that's literally about to disappear.
Ignore the scores given by the reference agencies btw, each lender will have their own criteria that you may or may not match.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards