We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
SA302 or Chartered Accountant?
littlesaint
Posts: 392 Forumite
My husband and I have an offer put in on a house and are waiting to hear if the vendor will accept. If the vendor does accept we want to be able to move quickly so she sees that we mean business.
I am self-employed and have two years worth of accounts with SA302s. I am just about to do my 2011/12 accounts which will take me to three years, but I am holding off for two reasons:
1. I am waiting for a P60 from one of my clients who pays me through PAYE.
2. I want to know whether the lender I chose would prefer an SA302 or accounts signed of by a Chartered Accountant.
We have an AIP from a mortgage broker for the amount that we want to borrow. We could go through the broker but I have seen that Post Office have better deals and lend to self employed people with 3 years of accounts.
I'd like to know whether that is based on SA302s or whether they need something else. Has any self-employed people had experience of getting a mortgage through Post Office and what documentation did you need?
I just need to know whether I should get on and do my accounts based on my final payslip for the year so I can request a SA302 ASAP. Many thanks.
I am self-employed and have two years worth of accounts with SA302s. I am just about to do my 2011/12 accounts which will take me to three years, but I am holding off for two reasons:
1. I am waiting for a P60 from one of my clients who pays me through PAYE.
2. I want to know whether the lender I chose would prefer an SA302 or accounts signed of by a Chartered Accountant.
We have an AIP from a mortgage broker for the amount that we want to borrow. We could go through the broker but I have seen that Post Office have better deals and lend to self employed people with 3 years of accounts.
I'd like to know whether that is based on SA302s or whether they need something else. Has any self-employed people had experience of getting a mortgage through Post Office and what documentation did you need?
I just need to know whether I should get on and do my accounts based on my final payslip for the year so I can request a SA302 ASAP. Many thanks.
0
Comments
-
Post Office are pretty selective (hence the market leading rates)
Sometimes they appear to take a like or dislike to a case and then choose what they want..
I have had clients where they have asked for last 3 SA302s, in opposition to anything else..
They are pretty good to talk to though, so may bee worth giving them a call as their criteria does vary based upon the loan to value etc.I am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Thanks Dave. I'll give them a call either tomorrow or Tuesday to find out what is the best approach.0
-
Word of caution, unlike many lenders they tend to take valuation fee and instruct upfront. Would ask them to delay valuation for a few days and get underwritten first..
All the best...I am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Hi Dave,
Sorry if this sounds thick but what do you mean by underwritten?
Thanks0 -
Underwritten is when the underwriters - the people that look at your application and all the information provided (credit searches, accounts, bank statements etc) - check whether the risk falls within their criteria or not.
ie - From a risk perspective, is it a safe bet for them to lend you £xxxx.I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
No worries - I mean let them have a look at your case and check they are happy in principal..
Let them check they are happy with your income specifically in this case..I am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Ahhh. Now I understand. Great tip. Thank you!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards