We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mortgage LTV's
marathonic
Posts: 1,797 Forumite
Hi,
Are there any figures available for the percentage of mortgage applications actually approved at various LTV's or do any of you brokers have figures (or rough estimates) of the percentages?
Before approaching a broker, I'm looking at houses available locally. I'd like to have some idea of the advantages of saving for longer when intending to apply at various LTV's.
Basically, I have a 20% LTV if I buy a house in good shape but am also looking at houses requiring some work where I'd have to hold back some of the deposit.
Thanks in advance.
Are there any figures available for the percentage of mortgage applications actually approved at various LTV's or do any of you brokers have figures (or rough estimates) of the percentages?
Before approaching a broker, I'm looking at houses available locally. I'd like to have some idea of the advantages of saving for longer when intending to apply at various LTV's.
Basically, I have a 20% LTV if I buy a house in good shape but am also looking at houses requiring some work where I'd have to hold back some of the deposit.
Thanks in advance.
0
Comments
-
At 20% deposit, presuming you have a decent credit file and affordability wise you meet the lenders criteria you shouldnt have a problem.
Its really only the 90% LTVs that are hard to secure. From 85% downwards it gets easier.
There are no statistics released, so its impossible to say. Each lender also has different criteria so it would be possible to do as most people go for the headline rate which means more declines than is necessary if people went to a broker or did their research first - so the figures wouldnt be accurate at all.I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
ACG summarises well.
If you provide more information about your circumstances, we can perhaps be more definitive.
If there are no skeletons and income/affordability is ok, then at 80% LTV nearly all are accepted especially if your broker knows his onions and approaches a lender that still has an appetite to lend..I am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards