We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

comparing mortgages

My mortgage is in 3 parts:

72,000 @ 2.59% (tracks bank base rate + 2.09%)
50,000 @ 2.00% (tracks bank base rate + 1.50%)
47,000 @ 2.49% (tracks bank base rate + 1.99%)

I believe I am on a pretty good deal and it is portable if I move.

Are there any better rates on the market given that the mortgage is 60% LTV ?

Comments

  • harvey115
    harvey115 Posts: 691 Forumite
    Is that one mortgage split in three different calculations?

    Is this come sort of a new mortgage product which I may have never seen before? from the rates it does not seems to be new...
  • Good_Money
    Good_Money Posts: 111 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    It is one mortgage on one house but with 3 sub accounts:

    part 1. is what is left of the initial amount borrowed
    parts 2 and 3 were additional borrowing (building extension and buying out ex)

    The 2.59 is the newest rate offered after a fixed rate on that part ended recently.

    From saying the rates do not seem to be new does that mean what I think in that I won't do any better?
  • marathonic
    marathonic Posts: 1,797 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The best tracker I see available at the moment for the full term is 2.59% with Britannia/Co-Op. There are better rates but they only track for a certain period of time.

    I work out your average current rate at 2.39% so you're good where you're at.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.