We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Proof of address questions

Hi all. I've working in London for a few years. And for the last 3.5 years was have been renting a flat for the days when I've worked. And have been living back home on my days off. For that reason I kept my bank details the non London address and was on the electoral roll there. A few months ago I moved permanently as
It were and have updated my bank a few weeks ago and electoral roll at the start of the year. Would this be a problem for a lender.

Also, being rented the landlord pays all utility bills etc. And all my other bills are online what would be sufficient for address history?

Comments

  • harvey115
    harvey115 Posts: 691 Forumite
    I think as long as all your Credit Agreements (Bank accounts and other credit companies) have the new address and you are registered on the electoral role on the new address. It should be sufficient.
  • maunders
    maunders Posts: 93 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Cheers. What do people use as address history then if the landlord covers all bills etc?
  • harvey115
    harvey115 Posts: 691 Forumite
    your credit agreements such as Bank accounts, Credit Cards, Phone contracts etc.
  • maunders
    maunders Posts: 93 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    thanks, and if anyone knows with regards to gifted deposits. can the person who the gift is from send it straight to a lender for a deposit on a mortgage or would it have to go via myself?
  • harvey115
    harvey115 Posts: 691 Forumite
    Gifted deposit is usually somewhat problematic depending on the lender criteria.

    I would suggest you speak to a good Mortgage Broker to check if a gifted deposit be allowed by your lender or not.

    In terms of the payment, as far as I know your solicitor should take care f this as the deposit money as well as the remainder (mortgaged amount) is paid to the seller through the solicitor. So your solicitor should/would take care of this process. You should also check this with your solicitor. Personally I think all the money should be present in your account to forward, so that there is one source to track when the money is going outside.
  • maunders
    maunders Posts: 93 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Cheers. One other thing I've noticed. I was gonna use my Bt phone bill as proof of address as landlord covers other bills etc. however I've noticed the last letter of my postcode is wrong. Would this matter much to you think for conforming address?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.