We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

secured loan vanished??

I'm currently going through a divorcee and have been having trouble with the ex paying her part of the split debt on time. Basicaaly, she took the house and the mortgage and loan secured against it, I took the personal loan. Initially, she and her new partner kept on top of the bills untill she started getting into arrears with Barcleys. £1200 worth of arrears later and I finally found out about the problem when I got turned down for a bank account. Anyway, my soliciter sent her a letter asking her to address the problem or at least commincate what I can do to help. No reply but this morning my credit expert account has no record or stain of this account anywhere? How can that be? How could someone with very poor credit find £30,000? Help...
«1

Comments

  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 39,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Order statutory files from the other CRAs and see what's on them before you try anything else;-

    Equifax

    https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/gb_consumerletter.ehtml

    CallCredit

    https://www.callcredit.co.uk/stat-report-online/index.php?action=register_display&tpl=regPurchase
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Speak to the finance house directly yourself .
  • xlinephil
    xlinephil Posts: 32 Forumite
    I have rang the finance house and the loan is still present, with my name on it and in further arrears, but my credit score is now 972 (from 620 last week!!!) and it is not present on the report
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    [QUOTE=xlinephil;53034851_but_my_credit_score_is_now_972_(from_620_last_week!!!)_and_it_is_not_present_on_the_report[/QUOTE]

    Lenders use different credit agencies to register their data.

    So even if the loan is not on the one you are looking at. It will be on record somewhere.
  • xlinephil
    xlinephil Posts: 32 Forumite
    It previously showed on my credit expert report, wondered why on earth they would remove it. Would it have anything to do with me putting a notice of correction on my report?
  • Dave_Ham
    Dave_Ham Posts: 6,045 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    xlinephil wrote: »
    It previously showed on my credit expert report, wondered why on earth they would remove it. Would it have anything to do with me putting a notice of correction on my report?

    I personally do not think so, if you still want that bank account now might be a good time...!

    Good luck
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • jmd4211
    jmd4211 Posts: 52 Forumite
    I know this is a serious forum, and the guidance I have received in the past month or so has been a great help, but seriously, nobody laughed at the first few words of the original post?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    jmd4211 wrote: »
    I know this is a serious forum, and the guidance I have received in the past month or so has been a great help, but seriously, nobody laughed at the first few words of the original post?

    Nothing there that me smile. :)
  • I laugheed and was about to post it quoted but thought the op might take offence and perhaps noone else noticed....

    "I'm currently going through a divorcee"

    Enjoy.
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    One of the strong possibilities is that the loan has been sold on by the original lender, upon which they remove all their data from your credit file. The Debt Collector who then buys the debt will enter all of the information under their own name.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.