We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
single £17,500 a year £7,000dep can it be done?
buy_my_cookies
Posts: 12 Forumite
hi,
I will try to make this short.
Me and my girlfriend of 4 years have been looking for a house (we both lived with parents) over the last 3 months. she had £23,000 of savings and earns 15,000 a year. And i had £7,000 and earn £17,500 a year. we had seen a brooker to get an idea of what we could afford etc and was looking around £140,000. All was going well untill out of the blue she decided she doesnt want to be with me and has left.
long story short im 28 and still want to move out.
I had a few over my overdraft charges and missed 2 or 3 credit card payments but this was about 5 years ago now since then ive been fine (been into my agreed overdraft about 4 times in the last 4 years does this count as bad?).
Could I feasibly get a mortgage? how much could I get? There are places around me for about £70,000 could I afford this? Any one able to tell me what a £60,000 mortgage might cost me a month routhly?
thanks,
I will try to make this short.
Me and my girlfriend of 4 years have been looking for a house (we both lived with parents) over the last 3 months. she had £23,000 of savings and earns 15,000 a year. And i had £7,000 and earn £17,500 a year. we had seen a brooker to get an idea of what we could afford etc and was looking around £140,000. All was going well untill out of the blue she decided she doesnt want to be with me and has left.
long story short im 28 and still want to move out.
I had a few over my overdraft charges and missed 2 or 3 credit card payments but this was about 5 years ago now since then ive been fine (been into my agreed overdraft about 4 times in the last 4 years does this count as bad?).
Could I feasibly get a mortgage? how much could I get? There are places around me for about £70,000 could I afford this? Any one able to tell me what a £60,000 mortgage might cost me a month routhly?
thanks,
0
Comments
-
I believe that the Halifax offers 5x income multiples on their "new buy" (5% deposit) scheme....therefore you could feasibly borrow £87500 but only against a new build0
-
Thanks for info will keep an eye out but not many new builds around atm.
I know you cant give a true answer with out a lot more details but any idea what the monthly repayments would be if i could borrow what i needed?
also does going into your authorised over draft affect your credit rating?
thanks,0 -
Over 25 years it would cost around £350-400 per month.
10% deposit should be ok. Your income should also be fine to support the mortgage.I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Thanks, I'm saving around 700-800 a month so trying to up deposit as much as i can.
Any idea on the question below?
Also does going into your authorised over draft affect your credit rating?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards