Makro Card... HELP!!!!!

Options
Hiya wondering if anyone can give me a hand.
I used to have a makro card but the company i got it through went down and i was no longer allowed to use it.
I need to get my hand on a card as im pregnant and wanna buy nappies etc in bulk and its dead handy for loadsa other things.
I cant make up a buisness as now they ask for correspondance from hmrc.
Can anyone give me a hand Please

Thanks

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It really doesn't work as easily as that. With the Macro card a big reason things are so much cheaper is because the company the card is tied to can reclaim the VAT back. If you have a company you do this with your tax returns, (as least this is how it used to work in the company I used to work for). If you do not have a registered company, you cannot get the lower costs, you end up paying the full whack and its not worth it.

I would either try find a friend who works with a company who would allow you to do this- its not always possible to get personal shopping via work unless your work are OK with it.

It may have changed, rules can change and it was a few years back but as far as I know, thats what the rules are. Maybe you could start up your own business?
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    Maybe you could start up your own business?

A bit drastic just to be able to apply for a Makro card.
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I binned my Macro card ages ago as the one in Enfield was horrendous. Never any staff to help you, never any of the special offers available from the catalogue, and took forever to check out, then you had to go through this pathetic process of having your receipt stamped by some bored person on the door. Then I discovered that the likes of Asda and Tescos were actually cheaper anyway. Haven't ever looked back....
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A bit drastic just to be able to apply for a Makro card.
    I thought so too but then I see how desperate the OP is; she did add 5 exclamation marks so I assumed it was pretty desperate ;):rotfl:
  • Mk14:37
    Mk14:37 Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    juliebunny wrote: »
    I binned my Macro card ages ago as the one in Enfield was horrendous. Never any staff to help you, never any of the special offers available from the catalogue, and took forever to check out, then you had to go through this pathetic process of having your receipt stamped by some bored person on the door. Then I discovered that the likes of Asda and Tescos were actually cheaper anyway. Haven't ever looked back....

I worked for Makro for a short time, and never really understood the stamping procedure. I did once manage to discover a customer who had 12 bottles of whiskey but only paid for 11 - good news for the company, though given that it was the cashier's mistake I was tempted to let him have it!
  • narabanekeater
    narabanekeater Posts: 1,892 Forumite
    Options
    the nappies are not that cheap there. Much cheaper to stock up during the supermarket baby events HTH
    Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
    Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
  • Anna_Nonymouse
    Options
    the nappies are not that cheap there. Much cheaper to stock up during the supermarket baby events HTH

I agree. Nappy offers are crap in there ie non-existent. I use it mainly for massive boxes of soap powder!
  • ZsaZsa
    ZsaZsa Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Amazon also have deals on nappies too :)
  • spinybif_2
    spinybif_2 Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    Was in Makro earlier in the week, prices were dearer than the high street. Ended up buying nothing !
  • sweetcheeks33
    sweetcheeks33 Posts: 1,065 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have a Cosco near you?? Better deals than macro and more people can get cards.... But supermarkets are sometimes much better deals!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure