We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Morgage

I have recently split from my husband and am worried about my mortgage when the tracker rate come to an end. My husband will be giving me money monthly and I earn £3500 a year at a pre-school and another £2500 self employed making folders. I have applied for child tax and working tax credits but am worried that I won't be able to get a new mortgage. Any advise please?

Comments

  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,597
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Impossible to say based on so little information.

    What is the house's approximate value? What amount is outstanding on the mortgage? How much money will your husband be giving you each month? Do you have any adverse credit history?
    poppy10
  • Roselie
    Roselie Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 10 May 2012 at 4:44PM
    The house is worth approx £215000, the mortgage is £140000. My husband will be giving me £600 per month. I have never faulted on the mortgage and have good credit. Apart from the mortgage I don't owe any money ie loans etc.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.