We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

To fix again now or wait?

Advice needed please and crystal ball too !!

We have a C&G mortgage with 5 sub-accounts. 3 of the sub-accounts are on a fixed rate ending on 30/5/12. The remaining 2 are on a fixed rate until 30/09/12.

C&G can offer us a 2-year fixed rate for the 3 bits ending in May but we've usually fixed for longer - C&G are only offering 2 years max.

We can't move providers at the moment as we'd get 1% penalty on the 2 remaining fixed rate elements.

We're torn between taking the 2 year fixed rate with C&G now for stability or waiting until September and hoping someone is offering a longer fixed rate then to cover the full mortgage with no penalties but rates have been going up recently.

Anyone in a similar position and got any advice that might help us decide.

:think:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.