Groupon will not accept any of my cards!!???

Options
Hi all,

I am trying and have been all day to buy a groupon deal on a Hot Air Balloon trip in Orlando for when i go there in a couple of weeks on my holibobs.

However every card i use gets declined and then within seconds i have the banks fraud department on the phone!

Tried
Barclays Platinum Credit Card
Halifax Current Account
HSBC Current Account

All result in the same failed transaction email and a call from the fraud squad(s) who clear me and my card and tell me to try again in 5 mins, when i do i hear from them again!

Never used Groupon before, but i really want this deal.

Shall i keep trying or steer well clear?

Thanks

Comments

• HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thomo2710 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am trying and have been all day to buy a groupon deal on a Hot Air Balloon trip in Orlando for when i go there in a couple of weeks on my holibobs.

However every card i use gets declined and then within seconds i have the banks fraud department on the phone!

Tried
    Barclays Platinum Credit Card
    Halifax Current Account
    HSBC Current Account

All result in the same failed transaction email and a call from the fraud squad(s) who clear me and my card and tell me to try again in 5 mins, when i do i hear from them again!

Thanks
    Just try one of the cleared cards again....I'd wait 15 minutes for the approval to get through the system.

It bugs me as well. Some cards work and some don't. But I'm in a hurry and have to send cash around my accounts to get it into an account that works.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • Thomo2710
    Thomo2710 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    Just try one of the cleared cards again....I'd wait 15 minutes for the approval to get through the system.

It bugs me as well. Some cards work and some don't. But I'm in a hurry and have to send cash around my accounts to get it into an account that works.

Been trying since 9am this morning. :-(

Must have tried to buy the groupon 8 times since then, all with the same negative outcome and my mobile ringing with the fraud teams.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thomo2710 wrote: »

Thanks
    Consider it a lucky escape. I have always found Groupon "deals" to be disappointing.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure