We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Can i find out what property someone owns without knowing addresses?

Options
sociablesarah12
sociablesarah12 Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 2 May 2012 at 3:35PM in Mortgages & endowments
Hi, i have been going through the csa for the past ten years trying to get my daughters father to pay something towards her upkeep. During that time i have gone on land registry to print of Deeds of properties that i know he owns outright with no mortgage, upto yet there are 3 that i am aware of. I have sent theses off to the csa... i am curious to know if there is a way that i can find out the addresses of the other properties he owns... i am told there are at least another 4 without mortgages... please help!!! Any info greatly recieved.. thank you in advance xox

Comments

• Dave_Ham
    Dave_Ham Posts: 6,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be honest, I do not know. Obviously you already know that if you have an address you can check with the land registry..

It amazes me each and every time that a Father does not want to pay the appropriate amount of money to keep his kids, let alone with owning all these properties outright.

I am aware there are 2 sides to every story, but still. People never failt to shock me..

Good luck and hopefully the CSA kick him in the "$$%£1
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • sociablesarah12
    Options
    Thank you Dave. Nothing is ever made easy is it.. Im sure where there is a will there is a way. And like the other properties- if i am to find out new addresses i shall, eventually :)....
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Take the father to court for maintenance.

Then all will be revealed.
  • sociablesarah12
    Options
    Thank you Thrugelmir... I have being trying to do it through the CSA.. But i may well have to take things into my own hands. He is very slippery and lies about everything. He has already been to prison for mortgage fraud-to do with an ex and he signing her signature???
    Apparently the CSA are now obtaining a right to sell on one of the properties. The reason i would like to know of other properties he owns is so the future assesment award is correct and based on all earnings etc...
    Hard work to say the least
  • The_J
    The_J Posts: 1,250 Forumite
    Options
    It's possible but very time consuming to do it this way round. Pointless I would say.

To be honest, this guy sounds a bit crazy. I'm not sure I'd want to !!!! him off.
    The J is a Financial Advisor-This site doesn't check anyone's status and as such any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Always seek professional advice.
  • sociablesarah12
    Options
    Thank you The J.. yes he is crazy, crazy for thinking that he can live the high life and not pay for his daughter :-)
    He married my ex best friend and had yet another daughter so to date 4 children .. im sure she will be in my position soon and be seeking the same advise.
    I shall give the CSA another few months to come up trumps and if there is no joy i shall go to my solicitor and see what she suggests, thank you all for the advise, much appreciated
  • RenovationMan
    RenovationMan Posts: 4,227 Forumite
    Options
    Does he have any contact with his daughter?
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I had a very similar issue and they didn't help me at all. (CSA) So I went to court....that worked!
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • sociablesarah12
    Options
    No renovationMan no contact at all... She hasnt seen him since she was 2 years old. She turned ten in October.
    Thank you Samtoby, i think court is th way forward... done most of their jobs for them past years,,, addresses etc.. even printed info off and sent to them.. Well done for taking to court!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport