Private Pension £1000 Bonus

Options
13»

Comments

• Latlum
    Options
    These guys call me a few times a week ! It's an international number that comes up. I too am registered with TPS but get 2 - 3 nuisance calls every DAY !!

Ive started lodging complaints to TPS and will try ICO with these recorded message calls.

Grrrrr !
  • tobydog13
    Options
    I had a call at 16.06 yesterday from 01614456875 -a reorded message saying due to my age I was able to claim £1000. I was suspicious so I hung up. What concerns me is I have recently registered to claim my State Pension. Is this a coincidence or has my name and number been passed on?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tobydog13 wrote: »
    I had a call at 16.06 yesterday from 01614456875 -a reorded message saying due to my age I was able to claim £1000. I was suspicious so I hung up. What concerns me is I have recently registered to claim my State Pension. Is this a coincidence or has my name and number been passed on?

It is coincidence. The Govt doesnt pass your name on to scammers.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Jack_Griffin
    Jack_Griffin Posts: 202 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2013 at 7:01PM
    Options
    toby, have a look here, lots of people posting its a scam..
    http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01614456875

If you are uncertain about a call just Google the number followed by scam & see what pops up, but my advice is NEVER DEAL WITH COLD CALLERS (phone or doorstep).
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=01614456875++scam&btnG=&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1
  • edgecombe1510
    edgecombe1510 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 March 2013 at 1:27PM
    Options
    However when you get a call from a cold calling company, you should press the required number, then you will get through to the correct number. The cold call company gets a fee for everyone who presses the link number, if therefore we all pressed the link every time, then hung up on the next person, they will have to pay. Can you imagine how long it would be before these companies started to react, alternatively press the number and when they ask a question, tell them that their records showed you and all details so ask them who you are, they will hang up, but it will have cost them in the region of 0.99p as a fee, this will soon mount up. If we all did it, it could cost them thousands of pounds a day. Have fun with them string them along, but always give them false names and address etc, I enjoy my bit of fun, they are really upset at the end of some of the calls.
  • Rylynn
    Rylynn Posts: 1,387 Forumite
    Options
    I just had one of these calls (yes Newcastle accent, female like another poster said), saying as you are close to but under 60 (so how the hell do they know that for a start off)? I am entitled to a £1000 bonus from my pension. Really I just took early retirement, my lump sum and my monthly payment will begin next month.

I came straight to google and put in phone call re pension and immediately this site came up, well done MSE.

I find these calls (along with PPI, hell I am bankrupt so please stop calling me!) annoying but more worrying is the fact that some people actually believe this rubbish.

My mother aged now 78 had an email, you know the ones from Africa stating she was going to get lots of dosh, and she believed it, til I told her it was a scam, thankfully she now realises spam in your emails is just that, and so is some in the inbox.

I wish these people would just go away.
    Some Days are Diamonds Some Days are Stones,
    Sometimes the hard times won't leave me
    BSC 162:beer:
    Banktupt 22 Oct 2008 at 10am!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts