personal improvement plan

Options
I've just been issued with a personal improvement plan at work, as my boss says that I am consitantly underperforming at work.

I've not had this before and am worried from what I've read online this is the first step to possibly dismissal.

Has anyone had any experience with this at all? can you advise me what to do?

The plan I've been given is pretty comprehensive and I think that it will help me to improve my work but I can't help but worry. Should I worry or should I embrace this and go with the flow?

Comments

• JessStar
    JessStar Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    It's the first step to dismissal if you don't embrace it, yes.

If, however, you have targets in there that are SMART (Specific, Measurable, ACHIEVABLE, Relevant Time-Specific) then they should have been put in place to HELP you. The important part is achievable. There shouldn't be anything in there that you can't realistically achieve. If there is, negotiate it back to a more manageable level, or you'd be setting yourself up to fail. Don't worry too much, just focus and get the majority of it hit. You'll feel better for it, and your performance should improve naturally as a result :)
  • Sambucus_Nigra
    Options
    ladystrife wrote: »
    can you advise me what to do?

Follow the plan and improve your performance...is my advice.
    If you haven't got it - please don't flaunt it. TIA.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our work issue these, never had or seen one but my advice would be follow the plan and gather as much evidence of your efforts as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure