Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

I'm a bit lost and I wouldn't mind some help...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
4 replies 647 views
john_charles_2john_charles_2 Forumite
76 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
Ok here's the deal. Split up with my partner and have had my name taken off the mortgage. I can stay in the house until the end of June then I've got to sling my hook. I would quite like to get back on the property ladder, and there are quite a few bargains to be had where I live (S Wales Valleys).

However I've only got $4k savings. I've seen a nice house for £60k that doesn't need any work doing to it, but I know I havent got enough. So I wonder if someone would tell me if I could get a 100% mortgage? I don't suppose I'll get one but you never know.

If you need to know anything about my income/outgoings just ask.

Ta.:):):)
This is my quest, to follow that star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

Replies

• kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    36.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way you'll get a 100% mortgage is if a family member is prepared to risk their home or their savings by allowing a lender to take a charge over it. These are family assistance deals from the likes of Aldermore, C&G/Lloyds, Marsden BS and Tipton & Coseley BS.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet wrote: »
    The only way you'll get a 100% mortgage is if a family member is prepared to risk their home or their savings by allowing a lender to take a charge over it. These are family assistance deals from the likes of Aldermore, C&G/Lloyds, Marsden BS and Tipton & Coseley BS.

Oh, well seeing as I havent got much of a family left then that plan is out of the window.

Looks like I'll be renting a room with someone and saving like mad!!!!

Ans thanks for your advice.
    This is my quest, to follow that star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far.
  • CBR600F_2CBR600F_2 Forumite
    107 Posts
    I've got a room you can rent. I say room, really it's more of a cellar. You'll have to excuse all the human skeletons down there though. I'm an amateur archeologist, you see. That guy the police are looking for, the one that murdered all those hookers. That's not me. Seriously.
  • CBR600F wrote: »
    I've got a room you can rent. I say room, really it's more of a cellar. You'll have to excuse all the human skeletons down there though. I'm an amateur archeologist, you see. That guy the police are looking for, the one that murdered all those hookers. That's not me. Seriously.

Listen, if it's cheap I'll stay there.
This discussion has been closed.