New Post Advanced Search

Woolwich Mortgage

edited 30 April 2012 at 4:51PM in Mortgages & Endowments
7 replies 1.4K views
GuidoTGuidoT Forumite
198 posts
edited 30 April 2012 at 4:51PM in Mortgages & Endowments
I have a £250K mortgage with Woolwich (now Barclay's) and trying to remove my partner from it.

I have sent them all the proofs of income etc. necessary.

After many months, letters and calls I feel I am getting nowhere completing this process, needless to say the customer service is not very good.

I just went to complete the online complaints process and then it said it was unable to take complaints :mad: .

When I speak with them they are inconsistent, say they will phone me back, but do not and just do not know what they are talking about.

Does anyone have any ideas or know someone who will listen at the Woolwich and help resolve the matter.

Replies

• betmunchbetmunch Forumite
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could you pop into a Barclays branch?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • GuidoTGuidoT Forumite
    198 posts
    All they did there was phone their lending team and I got no further forward.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    81.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the stumbling block?
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • edited 1 May 2012 at 7:05AM
    GuidoTGuidoT Forumite
    198 posts
    edited 1 May 2012 at 7:05AM
    It keeps changing, my circumstances are complex, I have my own firm and several other houses, it is an interest only.

Everytime I speak to them they say provide a document which I do, then they tell me they need something else, usually I have provided it.

I know I am not straightforward and I need someone that can deal with that - that you could say is the stumbling block.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    81.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    GuidoT wrote: »
    I know I am not straightforward and I need someone that call deal with that - that you could say is the stumbling block.

Normally the issue boils down to a salient point.

A senior underwriter will be a busy person. So every time you answer a point it'll go to the bottom of the pile again.

As they've your partner on the mortgage then balls in their court. Underwriting criteria has been tightening down for several months now. So possibly buying some time.
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • edited 9 May 2012 at 10:25AM
    GuidoTGuidoT Forumite
    198 posts
    edited 9 May 2012 at 10:25AM
    Arranged appointment with someone more senior at the branch and now is all sorted, I received the offer yesterday.

Advice to anyone trying to do this, is do not phone them as they do not know what they are doing, use face to face.
  • GuidoTGuidoT Forumite
    198 posts
    The mortgage that was the subject of this thread is now sorted.

I have another similar unresolved problem with C&G, so I went into see them and the adviser said it should be no problem getting through given my financials.

A week later however I was advised it would get through the underwriters, but they cannot tell me why it was declined. So I do not know how to resolve this.

I complained in writing and got nowhere and C&G said I could take it to the FOS.

I accept that no one has a right to credit, so would I be wasting my time complaining to the FOS about this?

By the way I am on a good SVR, otherwise I would just go to another lender.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support