Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Will anyone give me a mortgage?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
1 reply 566 views
SarahJW_2SarahJW_2 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hi
I am getting a divorce and my house has just gone on the market. I don't want to sell and would like to buy my ex out. We paid off our mortgage some years ago. I would need £165k to do it. I'm 54 and I earn £15k. I do have some savings, probably about £90k. I have absolutely no idea of what I can do - my ex always handled the money side of things. Does anyone have any idea please?
Thanks in advance.:(

Replies

• Dave_HamDave_Ham Forumite
    6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to get some decent advice, this can be done.

There may be some emotional advice you would want to take from friends/family though as this is a huge commitment, when later in working life to take on.

Imagine that you would be better to downgrade and live your life, rather than lump up a big mortgage and spend the next many years paying it off.

No children that could potentially help out?

Hope this helps, ask as much information as you want and there are many on this forum that can and will help...
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals