My Bankruptcy diary 5 months on...

Options
Hi Guys,

I havent been around for a bit, Im back now .. If thats OK wit'yall ?? :beer:

I thought Id give a little update since my last diary entry. The last one was Dec 06. We were made B 06/11/06, all was going fine and dandy.. The usual DCA's were trying it on etc but all went well, the interviews, the consionce etc etc...

Well. 1st we had a battle with the council, they insisted that as they themselves requested a change in the monthly installments, we could only add £100 or so to the bakruptcy and stll owed over £600. That after a few stron emails asking them to attend court for the laibility hearing, we just have recieved an email advising that they are now writing off the wole years tax... Just shows you what you can do if your a bit cocky !

next is the house. I had much soul serching, decision making and financial planning in deciding what to do. Our OR is great, we have had the opps to keep the house and pay the £1 for its interest. It was either do this and commit, or give it to the OR and walk away debt free and start again in the city I love Liverpool. We decided to stay on the ladder and have started to refub again... This time with our own wage oinstaed of credit !!

Then there is the work thing, I have only just got my NT tax code, My employers havent said anything, to be honest if they found out I doubt they would say a thing, one because the place is such a shambles they cant afford to loose me and second, they know I know my rights... and its the civil service I work for ! My OH wasnt so luck though. They found out about his NT code and in the office he was dragged... He was gutted, really really gutted. They didnt do anything, just made him write a report on what happened and that was it, Its the fact that people know now though I think. Its all water under the bridge now though.

Now we are just waiting for the IPA to kick in... yes after 5 months, it still hasent... Hope it isnt backdated as we aintgot it !! Then its discharge creeping up, cant wait !

Hope you are all well, and that my diary does help a little.

Mikey XXX

Comments

• tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Mike_St_Helens Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Options
    TY !

x
  • sarah_skint
    sarah_skint Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    Options
    been lurking but haven't seen you, i went bankrupt back at the end of nov, one call from or beginning of december and nothing since, i'm waiting for it............;)

Good to hear from you!
    Sarah
    coupon over here, coupon over there, every crack filled with coupons even down there
    (meaning under the buggy lol):D
  • James&Shell
    James&Shell Posts: 558 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to say well done for sortin everything out you are a legend on this site
    :j WILL GET THERE SOON :j

WATCH OUT FOR THE PIG FLYING PAST!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • bluezone
    bluezone Posts: 772 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Mike, its good to hear from you. I cant beleive they dragged the OH into the office about the NT tax code. My works were fine about it - In fact I dont think they could care less! My boss tried to say 'oh I think I saw your name inthe paper' so I was upfront and said 'oh thaat would be my bankruptcy notice'. After that nothing.

You've got only 9 months to go and I've only got just under 5 months!!!
    😁
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    bluezone wrote:
    Hi Mike, its good to hear from you. I cant beleive they dragged the OH into the office about the NT tax code. My works were fine about it - In fact I dont think they could care less! My boss tried to say 'oh I think I saw your name inthe paper' so I was upfront and said 'oh thaat would be my bankruptcy notice'. After that nothing.

You've got only 9 months to go and I've only got just under 5 months!!!

I know... 9 months... Its flying by !!

Looking at holidays today .. Nice springy sunny mood. have seen a week in Canada for £350 each... Not bad eh !
  • bluezone
    bluezone Posts: 772 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not bad for a week but my sister is a trolley dolly and is taking me and my new fella to san francisco at the end of july to celebrate my discharge and it will cost us half that including flights and accomodation so ner ner na ner ner :p
    😁
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    bluezone wrote:
    Not bad for a week but my sister is a trolley dolly and is taking me and my new fella to san francisco at the end of july to celebrate my discharge and it will cost us half that including flights and accomodation so ner ner na ner ner :p

WOW ! Would love to go to San Fran.... Hey being B aint that bad.. Look at us jetsetters !
  • bloomin_freezing
    Options
    hi mike, welcome back!

Quick change of subject....does anybody know the link for where i can view my bankruptcy details on the web? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks x
    Fight for clean hospitals, C-DIFF takes lives :cry:

Baby number 2 due 27th March 2009!:j
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    hi mike, welcome back!

Quick change of subject....does anybody know the link for where i can view my bankruptcy details on the web? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks x

Have a peep heer sweet....

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/IIRMasterPage.asp
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills