Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

CAB for Mortgage Advice

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
4 replies 758 views
MadelinesMumMadelinesMum Forumite
862 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hi all. Myself and my partner need to get some advice about our mortgage (it's quite complicated, so I won't bore you with the ins and outs here). I was wondering whether the Citizens Advice Bureau was a good start or would you recommend a mortgage/financial advisor? Thanks in advance
I must remember that "Money Saving" is not buying heavily discounted items that I do not need. :hello:

Replies

• betmunchbetmunch Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would very much doubt CAB have anyone qualified to give mortgage advice. (Although no reason why they couldnt have someone)

I assume you are talking about doing something with your current mortgage rather than taking out a new one?

You can find a local Mortgage Advisor through www.unbiased.co.uk if you dont want to go into details here
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Thanks Betmunch, yes, it's more advice on debt management really. We have a house that we don't want/need, have had no luck selling it and it is in negative equity. We are already on a payplan DMP for our unsecured debt but the house is just pushing us over the edge :(
    I must remember that "Money Saving" is not buying heavily discounted items that I do not need. :hello:
  • MadelinesMumMadelinesMum Forumite
    862 Posts
    Hi, so do I need a mortgage adviser or a financial adviser?
  • Hi, so do I need a mortgage adviser or a financial adviser?

Neither. You need a debt advisor:

http://www.cccs.co.uk/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=200001&gclid=CIrU-dPn3q8CFaYJtAod5nWbDQ

You might also want to go onto the Debt Free Wannabe board to get advise about getting your debts under control.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals