What is the cheapest way of moving a pension pot with an IFA?

I phoned up Clerical Medical to request a transfer of my circa £30k pot (old AVC scheme no longer linked to my employer) to my Skandia pension pot where I am more comfortable with circa £70K invested across a decent batch of funds of my choosing. I contribute several hundred pounds per month into the Skandia and intend to continue so that I get a decent result at 65 (I know I can access it earlier but this remains my plan) .
I dont want to use an IFA but CM are insisting.
This is therefore a simple admin task - how do I find someone to move this money on my behalf at minimal cost.
NB I have a very decent final salary pension that will pay me circa £50k next year when I leave my company at 55yrs old. I intend to carry on in the world of work to at least 60 but hopefully with less stress! .

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I dont want to use an IFA but CM are insisting.

AVCs are treated as occupational pensions. So, that is probably why.
    This is therefore a simple admin task - how do I find someone to move this money on my behalf at minimal cost.

It is relatively simple but the liability is the issue. Personally, my PI insurer and compliance wont allow execution only transfer of occupational pensions. I suspect many will be the same. So, either you find what that can do it execution only or expect to pay a little more
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure